Senior Manager: IT Audit - MTN GhanaIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Manage the technology, security and networks audit sub-function, driving the internal audit programme framework, process innovation and meaningful analytics. To provide an independent and objective appraisal of the Information Technology and Telecommunications Network activities of MTN by evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of control activities, towards achieving excellence and effectiveness of overall internal information security management through process and system audits (IT system, network) ensuring alignment with Internal Audit strategy.
- Lead creation of sub-functional strategy and integrated plans in line with overarching divisional goals for area. Ensure effective alignment of sub-functional strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support
- Manage technology, security and networks audit sub function, ensuring the effectiveness of internal controls on information security, quality of work, and audit reports and analytics, in line with internal audit standards and methodologies, with full adherence to the internal audit framework.
- Lead and manage complex internal audits and adhoc management requested engagements on IT systems and networks, review inconsistencies and advise on required changes/enhancements to improve technological risk management, control and governance processes, in line with company’s strategic objectives and best practice guidelines.
- Assist internal departments to meet regulatory and compliance standards; Assess the likely/projected legal implications and ramifications of IT systems and network audits.
- Consolidate, review and sign off IT system and network audit reports for submission to top management and MTN Ghana Audit Committee.
- Ensure cost effective operation of the internal IT system and network audit sub-function by driving excellence and effectiveness of the internal audit framework, which will increase internal controls and manage risk, which, due to the nature of the business, is changing constantly; Identify and drive where appropriate, opportunities for cost saving initiatives without compromising quality and effectiveness of the framework.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide direction to staff, ensure that the standards for internal audit are compiled with at the highest level.
- Report to management on IT systems and network audit results, highlighting new internal and external high-level risks, cost controls and recommendations for improvements within the Internal Audit department.
- Develop and drive an annual risk based internal audit plan with regards to IT systems and the network in order to ensure adequate quality assurance over risk management.
- Ensure that the technology and cyber security audit sub-function remain independent, objective and ethical.
- Liaise with external auditors and assurance providers to ensure efficiencies, prevent duplication of efforts and achieve optimisation in the use of resources.
- Provide expertise, advice and support to management with by providing technical insights on new information security risks; Ensure that best practices in internal audit are incorporated into the framework, driving cost reduction and effectiveness in risk management.
- Provide assurance to management on the effectiveness of the internal controls over information security, internal processes and systems related to both virtual, as well as physical technology assets. Evaluate the ability of the existing IT control portfolio to assure the accomplishment of MTN’s future goals and objectives.
Qualification Required & Experience
Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Leads and directs a strategic planning team to address and outline the future direction of an organization.
- Establishes strategic performance measures to allow the organization to continually assess and adjust program direction.
- Explain the strategic direction of the organization to others.
- Critically compare different points of view
- Identifies linkage of actions to achieving outcomes
- Applies formal methods and strategies to enhance creative thought.
- Effectively analyses the situation, collects input to make informed decision.
- Identifies the options and solutions for addressing the problems analysed.
- Identifies a number of solutions to the problem by identifying and evaluating the various options developed and selects the most effective solution.
- Draws logical and objective conclusions from the given data sets and validates them as the prime cause and contributing causes.
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
- Able to match appropriate solutions to a variety of business needs / demands. Consistently “thinks ahead” when making decisions and seeks to pre-empt possible solutions.
- Takes ultimate responsibility for key decisions within the areas of responsibility.
- Strongly contributes to effective problem solving and decision making and is clearly accountable and seeks to effectively manage risk.
- Ability to build decision models to analyse and solve basic to intermediate problems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Expert in behavioural information and technical data; uses to make a strong contribution to the executive team, the board, for problem solving and decision-making processes.
- Will seek to influence the organization’s strategy, to ensure that the organization has the technical capability to manage and my big data.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.