Senior Analyst: Mobile Money Audit - MTN GhanaAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This role is responsible for the implementation of high priority/risk mobile financial services audits as assigned and project manages medium to high priority proactive and reactive assurance work, in line with MTN Ghana and Mobile Money limited (MML) audit plans and the standards and methodologies set by MTN Group Internal Audit and Forensics function.
It also performs assurance on adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk and compliance management, internal controls including technology controls, providing recommendations on improvements, ensuring that internal audit processes and systems are robust enough for risk identification and mitigation and assists in the development of internal processes and procedures.
- Execute MobileMoney Ltd (MML) related internal audit plans, in order to ensure that processes for MML (people, processes and technology), comply with company policies as well as statutory and regulatory policies.
- Keep abreast with changes in legislation that can impact MML and update policies and processes repository accordingly.
- Serve as a key member of the MML audit team directly executing internal high risk/priority internal audits: through conducting interviews, data and system analysis and testing, preparing database updates, providing status reports, and preparing final audit reports, in line with internal standards and methodologies.
- Prepare/review final MML reports, ensuring plan execution, consistency, quality and adherence to standards and methodologies.
- Lead or participate in other audits such as Integrated Audits, Halo Audits.
- Ensure that the internal control process established by management to safeguard assets and liabilities related to MML are carried out as expected.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lead and perform moderately complex, high risk or high profile MML internal audit assignments to uncover any inconsistencies and conduct investigations when required.
- Responsible for conducting and leading audits on People, Processes and Technology as assigned.
- Provide advisory / consulting service to business on governance, internal control, and risk issues.
- Ensure review of the interface between banks, clients and agents and ensures that the value chain for MobileMoney Ltd (MML) people, process and technology is compliant with both internal policies as well as with legislation and regulations, which are relevant for Fintech operations in Ghana.
- Consult with business clients to improve/re-engineer business processes in the financial services space
- Provide high quality and meaningful recommendations to management on risk identification and mitigation and corporate governance, to ensure that MML internal audit processes are robust, aligned to best practices and regulatory requirements and consider both internal and external factors.
- Provide Proactive Assurance and Project Assurance of prioritized projects and scope areas to proactively provide management with documented insights and observations impacting the internal control environment.
- Ensure that audit working papers are documented and updated in audit documentation tool (RSA Archer eGRC) in accordance with MTN Group Internal Audit methodologies and frameworks as well as relevant professional standards.
- Instil a culture of risk awareness through continuous engagement with management.
- Identify opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening management controls on management requests, strategic projects, and ad hoc assignments
- Maintain relationships with senior management of assigned functional/business units to provide a value-added service
- Perform risk identification of business operations to assess potential problems or control weaknesses and provide guidance on how to address identified shortcomings on an ad-hoc basis
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Accounting/Information Systems/Computer Science
- Professional certification (CISA/ CISSP/ CA/ CIA) a must
- Analytical skills and proficient in the use of ACL, IDEA and other CAATS
- Financial services background
- Knowledge in SQL and programming/scripting skills
- Network, operating system, and database certifications is advantageous.
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Analyze the organization’s wider environment and draw conclusions about the impact of events and activities; guide the team to create solutions that deliver value in line with the business plans
- Develops and implements organization wide policy by determining target audience, building coalitions with the appropriate population, and developing a budget
- Introduces innovative approaches that may have been tried elsewhere
- Examines situations from multiple or different perspectives
- Recognizes points for improvement and uses imagination to solve problems
- Organizes, classifies, and synthesizes the data into fundamental issues
- From the information, identifies the most probable causes of the problem.
- Reduces the information down into manageable components
- Identifies the logical outcomes from analyzing the data collected
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
- Maintains the utmost integrity and behaves ethically at all times. Identifies gaps in information and makes informed assumptions in order to take timely action.
- Addresses very complex issues and makes a judgment call on the need for additional analysis or the business necessity to take a timely decision, with the available information
- Demonstrates basic understanding of different decision models
- Leads the business insights strategy for the organization and makes a significant contribution to the overall strategic planning process
- Is considered highly influential and credible in providing customer, market, and business insights to inform and improve the quality of decision making across the organization
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.