Small Business Development Officer (SBDO) - Vibrant Village FoundationSales / Marketing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF) is a private Foundation headquartered in Portland, Oregon State in the United States of America (U.S.A). Established in 2010, the Foundation provides direct assistance and grants to support Agriculture, Livelihoods, Health, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in marginalized and deprived communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
VVF has supported programs in over 22 countries since its establishment. In Ghana, the Foundation has contributed significantly towards poverty reduction in the Fielmuo community in the Upper West region of Ghana. Fielmuo is located in the Sissala West district and about 150km drive north of WA-the Upper West regional capital. VVF has facilitated the provision of safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), education, health and vocational skills training to over 34,000 people in 34 communities in the Sissala West and Lambussie districts.
In 2019, VVF commenced the implementation of the ‘Integrated Program for Poverty Reduction and Social Transformation’ (IMPREST) initiative. The goal of the program is to contribute to poverty reduction, improved wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations through the implementation of Education and Child Protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Livelihoods, Food Security and Empowerment of Women programs. We are searching and experienced candidate to take-up the role of a Small Business Development Officer (SBDO).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
2.1 Small Business Development Officer (SBDO)
The post-holder shall lead VVF Small Business and Enterprise Development Program. He/she shall design and operationalize aBusiness Development Model/Strategy that empowers small and agro-based enterprises to grow and become financially sustainable.
The specific roles and responsibilities of the post-holder are:
- Lead and implement the development of small business development strategy
- Lead in the identification and enrolment of small and agro businesses to participate in the program
- Formation and strengthening of small businesses and associations
- Facilitate linkages and networking among small business owners
- Support small business owners to develop and implement business plans
- Mentor and coach small businesses to adopt best business practices including but not limited to business registration, records keeping and customer care
- Implement a revolving fund program targeting small entrepreneurs especially those own by female headed households and smallholder farmers
- Set-up and operationalize VVF mobile business incubation centre concept
- Develop training material and conduct regular capacity building for small business owners
- Document and share success stories, best practices and lessons learned from program implementation
- Develop monitoring tools and track the performance of small businesses
- Participate in project accountability platforms including the project steering committee and staff review meetings
- Establish partnerships with the Business Advisory Centre at the various district assemblies and other actors within the district and region
- Prepare and share weekly, monthly and activity based reports with supervisor
- Represent VVF at stakeholder meetings in consultation with supervisor (s)
Qualification Required & Experience
Profile and experience of the post-holder
- Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Development Studies or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in similar position with a non-profit organization.
- Ability to ride a motor bike for long distances in remote communities
- Ability to work in multi-ethnic and culturally diverse stakeholders
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Ability to Speak Sissali and/or Dagaare language is required
- Strong commitment to improving the well-being of families in rural communities
- Computer literacy in word, access and excel is required
Location: Fielmuo (Near Hamile and Gwollu)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.