Biomedical Engineer / Advisor - JhpiegoHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego Corporation in Ghana has been providing technical support to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service for the past 40 years in a variety of technical areas including cervical cancer treatment and prevention, community health, HIV and AIDS, maternal and newborn health, health workforce capacity development (both pre-service and in-service), family planning, malaria, IPC/WASH and Covid19 responses.
RISE is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and USAID—that works with countries to achieve a shared vision of attaining and maintaining epidemic control, with stronger local partners capable of managing and achieving results through sustainable, self-reliant and resilient health systems.
The project is led by Jhpiego with the following partners: ICAP at Columbia University, Management Sciences for Health, Anova, BAO Systems, Johns Hopkins University Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, and Mann Global Health.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), RISE is working in selected countries, including Ghana, to address the COVID-19 pandemic. In line with Ministry of health priorities, the project is planning to roll out national vaccination plans, including ensuring healthcare workers are prepared to implement and monitor this plan; providing focused and clinically relevant capacity building for clinicians providing COVID-19 case management.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dynamic person to fill the position of Biomedical Engineer/Advisor.
- Reports to: RISE Technical Director
- Supervises: Biomedical Engineer (2)
- Job Location: Accra
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a framework for construction based on specifications for the LOX infrastructure and other oxygen-generating infrastructure
- Develop guidelines for engaging construction, biomedical and electrical subcontractors to undertake the construction.
- Provide technical output reports and engagement to the government and the donor
- Set up bonds and guarantors for sub-contractors to submit to ensure the proper delivery of the project based on agreed timelines
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to facilities to ensure proper conformity to specifications of construction.
- Provide technical support for other oxygen-producing technology and oxygen-related infrastructure and projects in the Jhpiego country office
- Training medical personnel, and biomedical engineers, and providing technical support on the use of LOX, PSA plant, and other oxygen infrastructure in the beneficiary health facilities and regional health directorates
- Provide technical assistance to biomedical and oxygen-related projects to other RISE projects in other countries
- Comply with Jhpiego and JHU operational policies and regulations
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be a medical doctor, or Nurse with training in anesthesia and intensive care, infectious disease, or emergency medicine/nursing
- Must be at the level of a fellow in Public Health and intensive care, infectious disease, Critical care or emergency medicine, or nursing
- Must be a certified trainer in BLS, and Infection Prevention and Control
- Must be an expert in Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)
- Must have more than 5 years of working experience in the management of acute and infectious patients in Ghana
- Must be familiar with the management of mild, moderate, and severe COVID-19 patients
- It is an added advantage if such a person is a member of the National Case Management Team for COVID-19 in Ghana.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health is an added advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Familiarity with Ghana Health Systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government-level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to implementation regions and health facilities
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.