Tailings / Geotechnical Engineer - WSP AfricaEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business execution plan, we are seeking leaders that share our guiding principles – we value our people and our reputation; we are locally dedicated with an international scale; we are future focused and challenge the status quo; we foster collaboration in everything we do and we have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
WSP has an exciting new opportunity for a Tailings/Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mine Waste team on a full-time basis in Accra, Ghana. This is an Intermediate level position in the consulting team and is regarded as a professional person in the delivery of geotechnical and tailings services, in line with the WSP suite of engineering products.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing tailings services and technical advice on moderate complex tailings issues to clients (external & internal) on projects within the mining industry and liaising with Golder’s advanced testing laboratory.
- Providing geotechnical-related services to the Mine Waste unit including geotechnical modelling, analyses and design, geotechnical investigations and liaising with external commercial laboratories.
- Using advanced techniques, modifications and extensions of theories, and practices to synthesise and analyse data for decision-making/recommendations.
- Managing, analysing tailings and geotechnical reporting for projects which may include the design and inspection of mine waste storage facilities, the construction of tailings storage facilities, the operation and management of storage facilities, properties and behaviour of deposited tailings, closure and deposits stability and seeping analysis, and water storage dams and earthworks.
- Providing safety leadership in health & safety (HSSE incident reporting).
- Participating in training activities, mentoring and transferring knowledge to junior geotechnical / tailings engineers.
- Planning, developing schedules, coordinating and overseeing manpower on important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines.
- Supervising, coordinating and reviewing / evaluating activities carried out by junior engineers; and
- Preparing proposals and reports for clients and building business relationships with clients.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Relevant degree (BEng or BSc) in the Civil Engineering including 4 years plus experience post graduation with developed specialist skills in the area of tailings and geotechnical engineering.
- Honours degree (BEng or BSc) in the Geotechnical field preferred.
- Professional registration at the Ghana Institution of Engineers (GhIE) preferred.
- Legislation related to engineering design supporting water use and waste management license applications.
- Financial knowledge (Understanding of Work in Progress, Accounts Receivables and DSOs).
- Proven skills/ experience to lead integrated project mine waste projects coupled with sound project management skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Projects and CAD software packages.
- Proficient in Slope stability, seepage analysis and FEM software, such as Geostudio, Slide and Plaxis. Proficiency in other engineering related software will be considered beneficial.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your benefits at WSP will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic and globally connected work environment.
- Opportunity to deepen your ability in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.