Human Resources Support - Food and Agriculture OrganizationHuman Resource Management Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities.
RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The post is located in Accra, Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Human Resources Support will perform his/her duties under the overall supervision of the under functional guidance of the Regional HR Officer, and the day-to-day supervision of the RAF National HR Officer and HR Assistant, the incumbent will perform the following tasks.
Human Resources Support assists and performs the full range of human resources support functions. He/she ensures quality, transparency and consistency of data and processes within his/her area of responsibility and contributes to the smooth functioning of human resources operations.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Analyse, answer and follow up on a variety of complex human resources requests and enquiries from staff and non-staff; provide guidance on relevant human resources guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinate support services related to the employment and servicing of staff and non-staff; initiate a range of personnel actions such as appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.
- Provide support to the personnel recruitment process by preparing interview schedule, organizing audiovisual / teleconference, contacting applicants, contacting interview panel members, checking references and accreditation of universities, etc.
- Support the briefing and de-briefing of staff; provide information as to staff entitlements and specificities of contracts.
- Coordinate the recruitment process of all categories of staff and non-staff, including the preparation of job profiles and vacancy announcements; communicate with applicants and prepare offers/terms of employment.
- Work as part of a team to review and facilitate approval of selection reports for international affiliate workforce liaising directly with hiring offices and the RAF-ADG/RR Office. Assist with drafting and reviewing selection reports for all types of selection processes, and specifically reports drafted in French.
- Process international travel requests for National Project Personnel (NPP) contract holders: assist country offices with submitting travel requests for approval by the ADG/RR and ensure that all the required documentation is attached to the request; draft cover messages to the attention of the ADG/RR; communicate the outcome of the submission to concerned personnel in FAO regional, sub regional and country offices; and bring any issues or problems arising in the implementation of this task, to the attention of the Human Resources Officer for the continuous improvement of this function.
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Secondary School Education is considered mandatory. University degree in political or social sciences, law, administration or other related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in policy assistance and programme development and management in the field of rural development and/or poverty reduction and/or rural employment and/or agribusiness, with experience related to promoting youth employment in agriculture and agribusiness, and entrepreneurship.
- Working knowledge of English is required.
- National of Ghana or a legal resident in the country.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Very Good knowledge of staff rules and regulations, HR policies and procedures of the UN Common System will be considered an asset.
- HR data analysis and reporting experience.
- Very good knowledge of ERP HR applications (i.e. Oracle, SAP).
- Experience in a multicultural and fast-paced working environment is desirable.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.