Programme Associate (Nutrition) - World Food ProgrammeNGO Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
WFP in Ghana has been supporting national development with a combined food systems and nutrition programme which hinges on private sector participation in the prevention of malnutrition, transformation of agricultural value chains and strengthening of social protection programmes.
Its new integrated nutrition strategy focuses on addressing malnutrition across the lifecycle through Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) with entry points in the food, social protection and emergency preparedness and response systems. Rolling out the new strategy will require WFP to increase its facilitation role by providing capacity strengthening for national institutions and advocacy to improve food security and nutrition outcomes.
The purpose of this position is to provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to the nutrition unit to effectively meet nutrition programming objectives.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Nutrition in Accra, the Programme Associate (nutrition) will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various nutrition activities and processes supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined projects to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Support drafting of agreements including Memoranda of Understanding (MOU), technical and Field Level Agreements (FLA) with partners in line with WFP’s policies and guidelines.
- Act as a point of contact for the creation and resolution of a range of operational queries and problems related to payment requests and requisitions, purchase orders, service entry sheets etc.
- Prepare a range of reports, track status of agreements with partners and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Liaise with the Research, Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (RAME) team to ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of nutrition data and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with other functional units within WFP to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Other tasks as required
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Skills
- First degree in Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, or related field. Advanced degree in the related functional area is an advantage.
Desired Experience and Skills for Entry into the role:
- Minimum of six years experience working in nutrition and/or public health related activities.
- Experience supporting governments on developing nutrition policies and/or implementing a nutrition programme (within food security or health).
- Experience in performing administrative tasks including budget tracking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral in English.
- Good computer knowledge and skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of colleagues and partners.
- Maturity, initiative, courtesy, tact, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to handle any other additional tasks as requested by the supervisor
Language: Fluency in English language is essential
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.