Senior Communications Officer - KAIPTCCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer
Department: Policy, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Department (PPMED)
Reports to: Head of Corporate Affairs
Supervise: Communication Officers
The Senior Communications Officer shall assist in managing all KAIPTC’s creative processes from conceptualization to delivery.
The Senior Communications Officer shall work collaboratively and in conjunction with the various departments of the Centre, to develop professionally written content and quality communicative materials in accordance with KAIPTC corporate image as per policies, standards and brand guidelines of the Centre.
And, he/she shall provide support to enhance the market visibility of the Centre’s products and services.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Coordinate and develop content (news articles, features, newsletters, production of key corporate communication materials, annual reports, leaflets, brochures, fact sheets, etc) for KAIPTC.
- Coordinate and develop stories/articles for all KAIPTC activities in Ghana, regionally and beyond to ensure visibility for KAIPTC.
- Collaborate to provide communications support to key departments – Training, OOC, PPMED, FAAR, WPSI, and ensure visibility for their activities
- Support the community engagement activities for KAIPTC and outreach to sustain the academic programmes.
- Support all visibility activities for KAIPTC’s academic programmes and liaise with the Academic Affairs Unit to undertake outreach.
- Work with the Digital Communications Officer to edit and review relevant content for KAIPTC’s social/digital communications channels.
- Collaborate with Digital Communications Officer to consistently review content on KAIPTC’s website to ensure it is up to date and in line with corporate branding requirements
- Manage media relations and build relationships with national regional and international journalists.
- Support with the organisation and implementation of key KAIPTC events and activities such as matriculation and graduation programmes, reflections security series, etc.
- Perform other tasks assigned within the scope and intent of the job.
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational Requirements and Work Experience
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or the Social Sciences from a recognized university. A professional qualification is a must.
- At least 8 years working experience in journalism, public relations, and communications.
- At least 5 years in a senior position. Significant experience with an international organization and/or international agency is desirable.
- Highly proficient in all design aspects with extensive working knowledge of relevant creative tools such as Adobe Creative Suite particularly, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other design software programs.
- Exceptional creativity skills and strong understanding of creative processes, marketing, graphic design, corporate branding, digital media and colour theory.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Excellent ICT skills and good knowledge of other software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, and Excel).
- Good understanding of printing, publishing and production procedures/processes.
- Keen awareness of current industry trends and technologies.
- Good information-finding skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to stakeholders.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective planning, prioritization, organizational and adaptability skills.
- Excellent leadership/management and decision-making skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities.
- Strong team management and mentoring skills.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Confident, honest and trustworthy.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work without or with little supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to think on one’s feet
- Fluency in French will be an advantage
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.