Head of ICT - Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training CentreIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Job Title: Head of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Reports to: Director of Administration
Supervises: All staff in the ICT Unit
To formulate, lead and implement information and communication technologies (ICT) strategies to increase the standing and awareness of KAIPTC both internally and externally.
The overall objective of the position is to drive both the ICT strategy and the day-to-day operational ICT services, ensuring that KAIPTC’s staff and clients have appropriate and current technical resources, applications and support to achieve their objectives (onsite and remotely) effectively, securely, and with a competitive and innovative edge.
The job holder will be required to deliver a robust and reliable ICT infrastructure for KAIPTC, ensuring a technical platform which will enable KAIPTC to consistently achieve its business objectives.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The duties of the job holder shall include but not limited to:
- Oversee and be directly accountable for the reliability of the entire KAIPTC ICT infrastructure;
- Manage the day-to-day tactical network, security systems and operations for LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and voice systems;
- Ensure proper functioning of the Centre’s enterprise systems;
- Develop and maintain an ICT services management framework;
- Develop and communicate a performance measurement and monitoring framework;
- Assist in the procurement of information systems, equipment and services;
- Develop/update IT-security guidance plan and ensure responsible user management of IT-security and its related policies;
- Evaluate user needs and ensure that ICT facilities meet these needs by the provision of timely and consistent information technology support such as email services, print services, internet services, anti-virus, upgrades etc. for all users;
- Provide technical analysis of ICT systems functionality and present periodic reports to management; and provide hands on interventions;
- Manage the delivery of information systems and technology related projects, as required, including the supervision and certification of the work of external contractors and consultants;
- Establish a tested ICT disaster recovery facility by ensuring that the back-up system of KAIPTC network operates effectively;
- Manage all risks associated with KAIPTC’s technical infrastructure and information systems and ensure conformance to software licensing requirements and computer and network security;
- Maintain current knowledge of new hardware and software and recommend upgrading to maintain efficient operation;
- Supervise all ICT staff;
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor within the scope and content of job.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A Masters’ degree or its equivalent in computer science, information technology or a related discipline. A Certified LINUX/UNIX/IRIX Administrator with Professional certifications such as (VCP6-DCV, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCITP, CISSP, VCP, ITIL, and ISACA CGEIT) will be an advantage.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 15 years’ relevant work experience; at least 5 of these should have been at the managerial level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Operating Systems and products. Proficient in Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V) and web management.
- Experience with Local/Wide Area Networks and Web Development including network administration, management of software and hardware platforms, telecommunications facilities, and extensive exposure to windows-based packages and applications. Experience in Open Source platforms such as Moodle is a plus.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of approaches to the management and delivery of ICT services across a dispersed network.
- Must be capable of operating active directory, user management and group policies.
- Strong technical skills and ability to be ‘hands on’ when necessary.
- Able to understand the needs of service users and clients, to communicate technical issues to them appropriately and to develop solutions relevant to the business requirements of clients.
- Strong technical documentation skills are preferred.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong strategic and analytical capacity, with the ability to identify wide-range issues and their application in ICT systems.
- Effective planning and organisation skills for large and complex projects.
- Strong team management and mentoring skills and able to manage a team to deliver on set objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert troubleshooting leadership, and accuracy and attention to detail.
- Values integrity and accountability.
- Monitor progress of work and appraise staff performance
- Train and develop subordinate staff
- Willing to work outside normal working hours when unavoidable circumstances so dictate.
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to encourage teamwork and strive for excellence.
- Passion for applying technology to solve problems.
- Team-oriented and helpful under pressure.
- Values consistency and strong attention to detail.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.