Financial Planning Accountant - Tullow OilAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognized, and African-focused independent oil and gas company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licenses across 8 countries in Africa and South America. Our purpose is to build a better future through responsible oil and gas development.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Accra, Ghana. The individual will be responsible for all areas of G&A budgeting, forecasting, accounting, and reporting; Managing time writing in the BU; and coordinating the budgeting and forecasting of the contingent workforce.
Also responsible for tracking/monitoring the BU monthly management reporting timetable to ensure timely closure.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities Include
- Coordinating the annual BU G&A (Ghana and out of country) budget and reforecasting processes and engaging with the budget holders to ensure BU and Corporate G&A guidelines are clearly understood and applied
- Liaising with HR to ensure accuracy and completeness of BU budgeted, forecasted, and actual head count, and costing of staff payroll and benefits.
- Coordinating with budget holders and HR to budget and account for contingent workforce
- Ensuring G&A input models in TM1/Cognos, etc are completed and reviewed.
- Preparing and leading the review of monthly departmental/functional G&A management reports
- Manage the BU time writing process to ensure compliance and ensuring validity time writing charges from outside the BU.
- Reviewing Head Office recharges and including the time-writing certification process
- Redundancy – budgeting, forecasting, accounting & reporting
- Managing the monthly G&A allocation process
- Track/Monitor the BU monthly management reporting timetable to ensure timely closure of all tasks.
- Ensure complete and accurate accounting of Intercompany receivables & payables, including accruals for the same
- Monthly accounting for travel costs and reconciliation of Travel Control account and follow up with TMC to improve process and reducing rework. Support for recharging of travel costs and concur related issues.
- Compiling Finance Department budget and forecasts
- Support all audits by providing responses to IRs in areas of responsibility
- Actively participate in all risk and assurance activities within finance and the BU department
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A minimum 3 plus years experience post-qualified experience in finance
- Strong experience in management accounting, budgeting, or forecasting
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially, Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional attitude
- Adept at dealing with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- High attention to detail and quality, ‘first right time’ approach
- Excellent time management skills
- Shows aptitude for continuous improvement
Education And Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Membership in one of the professional accounting bodies (e.g. CA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.)
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.