Bookkeeper - Lively MindsAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Lively Minds, an award-winning charity, is hiring to support our ambitious and exciting Early Childhood Development programme in Ghana and Uganda.
The bookkeeper will be responsible for General finance and accounting duties requiring high-level accuracy and provide support to the finance and programming team in all matters of finance at the junior level.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance manager.
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts.
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets, checking for accuracy.
- Assist staff in filing business process forms, receipts, and payment vouchers.
- ?Track all payables and receivables to ensure that Lively Minds do not lose sight of ageing receivables and payable.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Procurement and Logistics Support
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Officer in the day-to-day coordination of a fully compliant procurement system with associated operating procedures.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Officer to capture and analyze data from the vehicle logs.
Compliance with Policies and Procedures
- Review requisitions to ensure appropriate coding is done and authorisations obtained before processing.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients.
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities.
- Devise a tracking system for statutory returns and ensure that Lively Minds does not default on statutory obligations.
- Track any non-adherence to Lively Minds financial policies and procedures and bring to the attention of the supervisor.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Assist the finance officers in drafting routine financial reports on a regular basis.
- Answer finance related questions and help stakeholders and staff with issues that need to be explained.
- Attend finance department meetings, writing minutes and making follow up on outstanding issues.
- Suggest to supervisor changes or improvements that are necessary to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.?
For a detailed understanding of the role and person criteria, please see the Job Description.?
Required Skills or Experience
Essential Experience and Skills
- Qualifications: HND in Accounting with 2+ years experience, or Diploma in Business Studies ( DBS) with 3+ years experience. Higher qualifications may compensate for work experience.
- Experience in coding transactions using a chart of accounts.
- English language proficiency is a must.
- Literacy in data entry using standard software.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience of using ms office suite. High-level user of Excel is preferred.
- Familiarity with accounting software is desired.
- Good communication skills and ability to present information in graphs and charts for an understanding of non-finance persons.
- Good time management and willingness to work extra hours when the need arises.
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural environment.
You will be expected to perform against the Lively Minds Competencies.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.