Security Supervisor: Integrated Electronic Security System - Newmont Mining CorporationSecurtity/Law Enforcement Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
About This Role:
- To support the Site Security Manager with the day-to-day management of all the electronic security systems, projects and operations. This will include management of the electronic Access Control, CCTV, Intruder Detection and all Security Command Centre related systems.
In This Role, You Will:
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of assigned Security Supervisors in managing access and egress of company property, surveillance, monitoring security systems and responding to alarms.
- Manage the Integrated Electronic Security System (IESS) aspect of the outsourced security contract including execution of security tasks to the appropriate standard at fixed installations, security operations center and investigative and analytical functions.
- Track contractor performance as per service level agreement and manage any non-conformance and performance related to IESS.
Integrated Electronic Security System Management
- Daily management of all integrated electronic security systems, including access control, CCTV, Intruder Detection and vehicle tracking systems.
- Manage sophisticated security technology systems, including but not limited to drone platforms, non-lethal anti-ASM countermeasures and detection systems.
- Provide specialist advice on all electronic security systems.
- Troubleshoot IESS issues and identify and manage problem resolution.
- Develop IESS operational recommendations, by analyzing requirements and by developing equipment specifications.
- Conduct security vulnerability assessments for site departments.
- Communicate recommendations to site security management and regional security management.
- Perform analyses and prepare consolidated monthly reports which will include the status of all IESS electronic, physical, data, voice and video-related security projects and programs.
Integrated Electronic Security System Projects
- Manage all integrated electronic security systems projects.
- Investigate, test & evaluate, recommend and source new security technologies for the mine.
- Identify and assess IESS requirements for mining projects and developments.
- Develop specifications, scope, source, select and design IESS for mining projects and developments.
- Preparation of weekly project progress reports and project administration, writing and tracking projects.
- Manage commissioning of new electronic security equipment and systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Higher National Diploma in Information/Security Technology.
- Relevant electronic security system certification.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Knowledge of and work experience within the gold mining industry.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant security systems experience preferably in the mining industry.
- Strong administrative background and functioning knowledge of procurement, budgeting and reporting.
- Experienced driver with a minimum Ghana class C driver’s license.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the confidence to interact with corporate leaders.
- Strong leadership and management presentation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Demonstrated people management experience, the ability to work with internal and external partners, and experience with continuous improvement programs and integrated electronic security management systems.
- Customer focused.
- Takes initiative.
- Detail focused.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- The position is located at the Ahafo North site.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.