Marine Engine Mechanic - Reputable HotelEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Eastern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A three (3) star hotel located in the Eastern Region requires the services of a MARINE ENGINE MECHANIC
To carry out the under-listed maintenance and repair works for all vessels and workshop equipment:
- Conduct maintenance and repair of marine engines, marine machinery and related equipment.
- Performs major and specialized mechanical overhaul on marine engines, outboard motors and related marine equipment and systems using schematic charts and technical manuals.
- Tests marine engines and equipment to determine need for repairs or adjustments.
- Repairs and maintains hydraulic equipment and components.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program for marine engines and related marine equipment.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts using hand tools and power tools.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices using hand tools.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Operates hand and power tools associated with marine engine and equipment repair.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
The right candidate must possess:
- BECE Plus
- Marine Engine Mechanic Certificate /MET II / MVT II or its equivalent.
- Computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- IMO Mandatory safety courses will be an added advantage.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
- A minimum work experience of five (5) years preferably in a marine environment.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years post-qualification experience in a similar role.
- Must have proven work experience as a Marine Engine Mechanic.
- Must have an understanding and ability to diagnose mechanical faults on Marine Vessels.
- Must possess extensive knowledge in marine maintenance works.
- Must have extensive knowledge in marine maintenance schedules.
- Ability to maintain the safety of tools and equipment.
- Must have knowledge in marine hydraulic systems and related parts.
- Must understand safety protocols and procedures on board the vessel.
- Ability to prepare work completion reports.
- Professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain a high level of compliance.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.