Surveyor I: Senior - American Bureau of ShippingEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Senior Surveyor I is considered an intermediate to advanced level Surveyor position. The primary function is to examine and report on vessels and other marine structures during and after construction relative to compliance with the applicable requirements for maintaining the vessel in Classification with ABS and meeting associated statutory and special service requirements related to the Safety of Life at Sea, Loadline, Tonnage, Cargo Gear, and Pollution Prevention Certification.
When necessary, responsible for administering office procedures and monitoring business performance at an assigned port.
What You Will Do:
- Acts as a professional specialist for the organization in the application of related rules, regulations, requirements, concepts, principles, and processes.
- Performs routine surveys on classed vessels, platforms, or other marine structures and at manufacturers for classification and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Prepares technically accurate and timely reports of inspections and surveys performed.
- Engages in contact with clients to resolve problems within areas of expertise.
- Maintains survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in the area of responsibility.
- Maintains an active awareness of new methods and developments affecting the technical scope of assigned responsibilities and recommends changes in the surveying processes and safety programs as warranted by such developments. Recommends new approaches to problems encountered and makes changes in methods, procedures, or design where necessary.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates various phases of surveying work and monitoring the quality of service on work performed.
- Monitors work and projects performed by subordinate surveyors to ensure maintenance of quality, content, consistency, and continuity of work performed.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and training to lower-level and/or less experienced surveyors.
- Promotes the services and capabilities of ABS to present and potential customers.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What You Will Need:
Education & Experience
- Qualifications from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum two (2) years program); or
- Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant seagoing experience as a certificated ship officer, and
- Minimum requirements & knowledge listed for Surveyor II.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working as a Surveyor II.
- Understanding of ABS strategic technical positioning in their respective sector of the marine industry or
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in an Engineering or Survey Capacity with an IACS member Classification Society
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Appropriate certification and/or licenses in areas of specialization may be required.
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of ABS Rules, Guides, statutory regulations, and related instructions, as well as the ABS Employee Safety Policy.
- Ability to read engineering plans and have a basic understanding of shipbuilding practices and vessel operations.
- Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format.
- Knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of related technical interfaces required for group project work.
- Knowledge of ships' engineering systems and machinery.
- Ability to communicate in English, orally and in writing, pertinent information relative to assigned area of technical expertise.
- Ability to analyze problems and propose solutions.
Will report to a Principal Surveyor or higher, under the direction of a Survey Manager or District/Country Manager as appropriate. The incumbent may supervise or provide leadership guidance to lower-level surveyors. Incumbent may be provided with support or assistance by an administrative support staff member as applicable to his/her office.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Travel to and from survey sites and manufacturing plants going aboard various marine vessels, offshore platforms, or structures. Some work may be performed in an office environment.
Some work may be performed in confined spaces, and it may be necessary to climb vertical ladders of various heights, and construction staging of various heights. The use of small tools and the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), in accordance with ABS safety procedures, may be required.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.