Administrative and Accounts Assistant - IITA GhanaAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food-secure future.
Please visit www.iita.org for more information on IITA.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Ghana seeks a suitably qualified Ghanaian National to fill the position of an Administrative and Accounts Assistant in its Accra Liaison Office
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The successful candidate will carry out the following:
- Assist the Country Representative and Station Administrator with the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of the Accra Office.
- Assume responsibilities for general office administrative functions including, but not limited to, travel logistics, hosting of visitors, responding to telephone and other enquiries, planning events/conferences/workshops, drafting correspondences, scheduling appointments, support with staff recruitment, managing vehicle and office equipment maintenance, and managing procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Maintain an efficient filing system and database for operations of the Accra Liaison Office
- Assist the Station Accounts Officer and Cashier to process and make payments as required in line with laid down procedures
- Manage Accra Office Petty Cash and associated expense reports in accordance with institute’s policies and procedures
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash certificates
- Work with the Station Accounts Officer and Cashier to ensure efficient financial reporting of all transactions
- Make and store photocopies of all original vouchers, invoices, receipts and other supporting documents of financial transactions
- Perform other duties related to the administrative and financial management functions as may be determined by the supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies in Secretaryship and Management with Accounting or a related discipline. A graduate degree in Public Administration or a related discipline will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar or related position in an international research organisation is preferable.
- Good office organization and human relations skills
- Good computer skills – spreadsheets, word processing, and other MS Office applications
- Good written and spoken English. A working knowledge in French will be an added advantage
- Must be a team player and a quick learner.
- Must be proactive and be able to work with minimal supervision
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.