Security Guard - Asanko Gold Ghana LimitedSecurtity/Law Enforcement Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Galiano Gold and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Galiano Gold are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
A vacancy exists in our Safety, Health and Security Department for the position of SECURITY GUARD
To manage the day-to-day security function and activities at the Process Plant to safeguard the movement of bullion samples to the assay laboratory, prevent anti-illegal mining activities and to ensure bullion shipment and other gold room activities are performed in accordance with Company Security Standards.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Escort bullion samples from the Process Plant to the Met Lab for analysis and weighing;
- Safeguard the gold room for smelting duties;
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling and inspecting perimeter fence, equipment, and access points in the Process Plant, control access to and from the Gold Room and conduct appropriate searching;
- Grant access to Knelson Concentrator / ILR by booking entry of personnel to-and-fro working at the Pregnant Solution Tank;
- Respond to security emergency situations in the Process Plant;
- Support the in-house Security Supervisor for bullion shipments;
- Prevent losses and damage to property by reporting irregularities to duty security supervisor;
- Assist in the identification and assessment of security risks at the Process Plant and recommend appropriate preventive or mitigating measures;
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues;
- Secure the Process Plant for shutdown activities by preventing theft incidents and other security related issues;
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor in accordance with company policy.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) in General Science or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in security duties in a gold mining company and/or with previous service in the Military/ Police Service or allied institutions;
- Previous commendable work with any private or public security organisation will be an added advantage;
- Exposure to modern assets protection techniques and procedures;
- Must be experienced in general security operations in a gold processing plant;
- Sound understanding of access control techniques and procedures;
- Experience in searching protocols and procedures both vehicle and human;
- Sound understanding of anti-illegal mining operations and the techniques to prevent such activities on the company’s concessions;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to write security reports, read and interpret security operating procedures, and manuals;
- Good team player with the strong duty of care skills;
- Must be proactive and demonstrate the ability to take appropriate initiatives;
- Ability to undertake security surveillance and work with intelligence in relations to security operations and make timely interventions and recommendations;
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism;
- Good communication skills and coordinating ability;
- Critical thinking and the ability to solve problems;
- Ability to keep and manage sensitive and confidential information;
- Ability to monitor, plan, organize and prioritize tasks;
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and database management;
- Must be circumspect in information handling and have exceptional attention to details;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods, and procedures to work situations.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.