Sales & Distribution Officer (SDO) - 4WardWA Development West AfricaSales / Marketing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Takoradi, Western Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
4WardWA Development West Africa (4WardWA) provides high-quality water services through kiosks, Pump Insurance (PiN), household, and business connections, and packaged water services for wholesale, retail, and individual consumption.
Under the supervision of the Sales and Marketing Manager, the Sales & Distribution Officer will be responsible for managing the distribution of goods or products from the factory to customers or stores.
He/She will plan and execute delivery schedules, manage warehouse and transportation, and oversee distribution operations as well as handle sales channels and identify opportunities for sales and expansion.
Additionally, the SDO will also conduct market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures. Manage the day-to-day interaction with customers including other stakeholders and will work closely with the Facility Maintenance Officer on other activities carried out by the Product Department.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Overseeing and developing marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Conducting research and analyzing data to identify and define audiences.
- Devising and presenting ideas and strategies for review by management
- Ensure that both monthly and weekly targets are achieved.
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the full sales cycle, from negotiating/closing deals and handling complaints or objections.
- Grow distribution width and depth in the designated sales area.
- Develop chart distribution/delivery route maps and schedules within allocated territories.
- Ensure proper visibility and availability of packaged water products in the assigned territory
- Build customer loyalty and retention through delivering innovations, customer focused and valueadded solutions based on the principles of mutual benefit.
- Up-sell other products and secondary placements to penetrate new territories and retailers.
- Spearheads the preparation and presentation of client proposals and all client presentations
- Generate weekly & monthly reports and manage the customer database.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Expected Results
- Relationship-building: Customer, staff, and stakeholder relationship management.
- Time management skills: The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and be time efficient.
- Teamwork, leadership, and motivational skills: The ability to organize, manage and motivate the team to ensure productivity and excellence.
- Report Writing: Effective and accurate sales/distribution reports being produced on a timely basis
The Sales & Distribution Officer will report to the Sales, Marketing & Product Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum qualification of BSc/BA in Marketing, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Logistics, and Operations, or a relevant field.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- At least 2 years of experience in a channel sales/supply chain-related role is required.
- The ideal candidate must have a MINDSET of an entrepreneur.
Skills and competencies
- Should take a strategic approach to the planning and management of tasks.
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written/ interpersonal communication skills with an ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Demonstrate problem-solving capability – the ability to create win-win situation while deriving desired numbers and outcome
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask efficiently.
- Proficiency in English and local dialects of the assigned area (Fante or Twi) required.
Work Environment – Office – Standard Office Environment; Must live in Daboase, Takoradi, and surrounding areas.
Physical Demands – Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day. The total working hours in a week is 40 hours. Should work be done during evenings and weekends, the SDO will be compensated with an equal amount of time off.
Some travel is required for this role.
Location: Daboase – Takoradi« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.