Android Developer: SOLV Ghana - Standard Chartered BankIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Android Developer will support the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer to build our Android application on the underlying SOLV SCF platform.
As an Android developer, you will need to be familiar with the Android ecosystem and mobile app development, including familiarity with popular app frameworks and software development best practices. Your duties will include maintaining existing codebases, including bug fixing, and creating apps from scratch as part of a team while following all coding guidelines and industry best practices.
Support the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer in driving the technical vision, strategy, direction of SOLV Ghana.
Work with the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer, and partners on the technology build, vendor engineering engagements, etc to help deliver features and capabilities aligned to the business model of SOLV Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Experience in designing, implementing & maintaining highly scalable and robust mobile applications
- Experience in Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of the building blocks of Android platform (ex: Fragments/Activities, Services, Content Providers).
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and familiarity with continuous integration
People & Talent
Support the development of an appropriate culture that upholds the values of SOLV Ghana. Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders to anticipate horizon risks that may have a significant impact on the Ventures Technology and help develop effective strategies to mitigate such risks.
Attend relevant meetings and provide relevant reports to Senior Management and Governance/ Risk committees for the area of responsibility.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Venture’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Support the achievement within SOLV Ghana, the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Global Technology Team
- Other Tech Heads
- 3rd party Vendors
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related discipline required
- BE/BTECH/MCA Degree holder
- 3-8 years of experience years of hands-on Experience in Java/J2ee, Spring Boot, OOAD, Mysql/ PostgreSQL, redis/Hazelcast cache, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of Collections, Threads, Exception handling, Log4j, JDBC, J2EE, SQL
- Knowledge of application development using Spring, Hibernate.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, REST, SOAP, Junit and Develop Self-contained Restful services
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microservices architectures and object-oriented analysis and design
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in developing, documenting and deploying MicroServices solution on cloud infra.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using technologies Spring / MongoDB / Redis / MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Demonstrated Cluster Management knowledge and experience using platforms including – Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with System integrations using messaging including or like Kafka / RabbitMQ
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Web servers (Tomcat/Jboss/Wildfly/Weblogic) and load balancing technologies.
- Good communication Skill, flexible and good attitude.
- Experience of working in Agile methodology.
- Any work related repositories Eg : Github
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.