Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialist: RING II - Abt AssociatesFinance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Abt Associates is currently seeking two qualified Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialists for the Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening activity. This activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in Northern Ghana.
The Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening activity will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
The positions will be based in Wa and Bolgatanga, Ghana
Under the supervision of the Wa/Bolgatanga Regional Coordinator, the Public Financial Management Specialist is responsible for the implementation of PFM interventions under the Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening activity.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Support the institutionalization of PFM-related training to the Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening zone of influence in the Upper West/Upper East Region.
- Support the strengthening and operationalization of statutory PFM structures (e.g., Budget Committees, Internal Audit)
- Provide technical support to strengthen the capacity of the districts, including the procurement unit to comply with procurement processes and regulations under the project
- Support the MMDAs to establish effective systems to monitor the use of PFM systems.
- Support capacity building through training and mentoring across districts to strengthen internal audit performance,
- Participate in PFM meetings with other development partners who are implementing PFM related interventions to foster the Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening related interventions.
- Contribute to the development of technical reports required by the project reporting cycle.
- Support other duties that will be necessary during the Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening activity as assigned by the Senior Management Team.
What We Value
- Master’s Degree in public finance, financial management, economics, business or a related field and at 6 – 8 years experience
- Must have experience in providing public financial management technical support at the district, regional and/or national level
- Good knowledge of public financial management systems used at the district level, including the GIFMIS Platform
- Must be conversant with rules and regulations governing the use of funds in Ghana
- Be conversant with the planning and budgeting cycle and processes at the sub-national level
- Strong report-writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Strong written and spoken English is required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.