IT Security & Planning: Network and Security Engineer - UGCSIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
JOB TITLE: IT Security & Planning (Network and Security Engineer)
UNIT: Information Technology Planning and Support
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief Information Technology Officer (IT Planning, Security and Support)
- IT Planning and Security (ITPS) reports to the Deputy CITO, IT Planning, Security and Support and is responsible for planning and implementation of IT Policies, Strategies, and security initiatives for the University of Ghana (UG) working with other colleagues in Networks and Systems teams.
- Working in partnership with members of the senior management team, architect appropriate technological, procedural, and educational/training security practices that result in an appropriate level of IT security on the University of Ghana campuses.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key responsibilities include, among others, to:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of IT Policies, strategies and security standards and their dissemination to UG community.
- Enforce compliance of IT policies and standards.
- Provides leadership and coordinates changes in the configuration after approval, updates, upgrades, patches etc. regarding infrastructure and applications and evaluates risks before implementation with application owners involved.
- Leads in vulnerability scanning and threat monitoring (internal & external) across the University community.
- Performs bi-annual audits and security assessments to ensure benchmarks and other standards are adhered to.
- Monitors and reviews log to identify trends on the network and proactively manages threats with other team leads to ensure stability.
- Leads in creating and maintaining an asset register and works with security management to indicate appropriate risks level for each asset.
- Leads in infrastructure hardening to prevent unused services from broadcasting.
- Assists in classifying information assets and tagging them in conformity with the approved standard.
- Leads the configuration and maintenance of regular Access Control Lists (ACLs) on UG’s edge router(s) and other relevant switches and maintains IPS/IDS, firewall rules, etc. for maximum internal and external network and application protection.
- Develop and promote an information security awareness culture within IT and the campus as a whole.
- Develop and manage an internal IT audit report.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A good first degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or any other relevant areas.
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Cybersecurity and Big Data or a related field.
- Relevant advanced professional level qualification or industry skill-based certification.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in various areas of Network and Systems configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support experience.
- Should be Cybersecurity Certified and should have at least a CCNA certification.
- Must have ITIL Foundation that is current
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.