Communication & Social Media Assistant - Pure EarthAdvertising/Media Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Pure Earth is a leading global environmental health nonprofit organization dedicated to saving and improving lives and protecting the planet by reducing disease-causing pollution and cleaning up toxic hot spots in low- and middle-income countries. Since its inception in 1999, Pure Earth and its field teams have completed more than 120 projects in 27 countries with pragmatic, cost-effective solutions.
Pure Earth prioritizes actions that protect the developing brains and bodies of children and pregnant women living in toxic hot spots with a specific emphasis on lead and mercury exposure. Partnering with governments, communities, and industry leaders, Pure Earth aims to elevate pollution as a global priority, create sustainable change, and support a healthier future.
Pure Earth Ghana aims to become a leader driving awareness, interest and action on pollution and health issues in the country.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Volunteer Placement Duration: July 1 – Sept 30, 2023
- Time Commitment: 35.5 hours/week (Hybrid)
- Location: Accra, Ghana
The Communication & Social Media Assistant (volunteer) would report to the Country Director of Pure Earth Ghana.
The communication & social media Assistant will support the country team to create visibility and awareness among stakeholders about Pure Earth Ghana’s work in the country and region. Pure Earth Ghana aims to become a leader in online engagement driving awareness, interest and action on pollution and health issues. The goals for the position are to establish and grow social media channels, build and achieve audience engagement, generate compelling content representing the work of the organization, drive website traffic and gain press coverage for key accomplishments.
The communication & Social Media Assistant will facilitate media outreach activities including press releases, key messaging, radio & TV interviews. Produce engaging materials to communicate success stories and engagement opportunities to the public, through social media, blog, and web content for Pure Earth Ghana. Content generated in the Ghana office will be used by Pure Earth headquarters and partners to bring global visibility to key accomplishments and garner additional support for projects
The Communication & Social Media Assistant (volunteer) will be responsible for the following:
- Document the activities, outcomes, and impact/results of Pure Earth programs. This will include video production, written articles/blog posts with still photos, interviews with project leadership, partners, stakeholders, and community members.
- Conduct media outreach to get press coverage throughout Ghana to raise awareness of lead and mercury pollution, and the solutions Pure Earth Ghana and partners are championing.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to support media outreach. Outputs include press releases, email, and telephone calls to media targets to pitch key messages resulting in three pieces of coverage in either print, web, radio/tv or broadcast coverage.
- Work with the HQ comms team to use the media asset management system to preserve all video, photos, and graphic files produced in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage the Social media channels of Pure Earth Ghana by maintaining a solid online presence.
- Design and deliver creative and engaging social media strategies.
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, adapting content to suit different channels and audiences.
- Oversee, plan, and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools.
- Create and/or coordinate original and engaging multimedia content across multiple social platforms.
- Work with Pure Earth comms team for support in promoting channel launch, building audience engagement, and generating compelling content representing the work of the organization.
Benefits of Volunteer Opportunity
- Contribute to environmental health programs.
- Acquire experience leading to personal and professional growth.
- Access high-quality training and resources.
- Be part of an international network.
- Receive a Daily Stipend to cover transportation.
- BS in Communications, Media, Journalism, or Public Relations
- Proven track record of creating and producing compelling media pieces (video, multimedia, graphic and print) for non-profit organizations.
- Proven track record of getting media coverage for issues, projects, and organizations.
- Experience establishing and growing digital and social media channels for at least three years.
- Experience implementing strategic communications goals and engaging partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, and interviewing skills.
- Must be currently living in Accra and able to commute to the Pure Earth/Blacksmith office.
- Ability to commit to full-time, 3-month volunteer placement.
- Flexibility in schedule.
- Proficiency in standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Note: Individuals of all demographics, academic and professional backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply, particularly women.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.