Energy Sector Investment Lead - Tetra TechEnergy,Oil & Gas Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network.
Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Position Summary & Job Purpose
Tetra Tech is searching for an Energy Sector Investment Lead (ESIL) for the anticipated USAID Empower West Africa Energy Project. The ESIL will leverage his/her experience of mobilizing capital into African energy sector opportunities, for both on-grid and off-grid opportunities. The position is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits and is contingent upon contract award.
Non-Ghanaian candidates must be willing to relocate to Accra, Ghana for the duration of the project.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Unlock new energy sector investments in the region by:
- working closely with public and private sector partners, including project developers, national utilities, lenders and investors;
- identifying key transaction obstacles, and working creatively to overcome such barriers by bringing the full Power Africa toolkit to situations;
- initiate and structure new financing solutions, leveraging new trends in sustainable finance (e.g., green bonds, climate finance);
- working at sector level to create a conducive, enabling environment for the sector to flourish; and
- overseeing targeted technical assistance efforts to remedy market failures preventing individual or portfolios of projects from closing
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services and activities in West Africa
- Interact with USAID missions, Power Africa’s Office and other USG agencies to advance the project’s objectives
- Effectively integrate guiding principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of activities and programs, including environment, social, climate change, and gender and social inclusion, monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects
- Participate and assist in setting up and undertaking periodic reviews sponsored or requested by clients
Essential KSAs Required (Experience, Skills, Education, Certification, Etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus
- 8-10 years experience in emerging or frontier markets (ideally West Africa), focused on mobilizing capital into power, infrastructure, energy access, or utility opportunities
- Prior experience managing a team of subject matter experts and/or a team of transaction advisors
- Experience working on both on-grid and off-grid (decentralized) energy opportunities
- Familiarity with relevant regional and national policies, strategies, laws and regulations aimed at unlocking climate-resilient pathways to net-zero power systems
- Familiarity with utility unbundling and energy sector restructuring
- Familiarity promoting gender equality and social inclusion in the energy sector
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Valued But Not Required KSAs
- Experience with cross-border power trade, and power pools
- Experienced promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the energy sector
- Experience in nascent energy themes including green mobility, hydrogen, and battery storage
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Office setting
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.