Energy Access Lead - Tetra TechEnergy,Oil & Gas Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tetra Tech is searching for an Energy Access Lead (EAL) for the anticipated USAID Empower West Africa Energy Project. The EAL provides project leadership and technical expertise on advancing energy sector transition in the region, as further detailed below. The position is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits and is contingent upon contract award.
Non-Ghanaian candidates must be willing to relocate to Accra, Ghana for the duration of the project.
- Provide technical leadership and promote clean and reliable energy access.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services and activities in West Africa.
- Provide thought leadership and technical support as needed to accelerate implementation
- Interact with USAID, and USG officials to advance the project’s objectives.
- Effectively integrate guiding principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of activities and programs, including environment, social, climate change, and gender and social inclusion, monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects
- Participate and assist in setting up and undertaking periodic reviews and reporting
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Essential KSAs Required (Experience, Skills, Education, Certification, Etc.)
- 8-10+ years’ experience, in developing countries work to increase access to affordable, reliable energy, including household (on-grid and off-grid) and commercial/industrial access.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity, and prior experience working in the energy sector in West Africa
- Experience working on both on-grid and off-grid energy opportunities
- Knowledgeable in grid densification and expansion, customer regularization, Distributed Renewable Energy (DRE) solutions (metro-grids, mini-grids and solar home systems), energy sector laws and regulations; expanding business opportunities in off-grid and renewable technologies, on-grid energy access, customer engagement, strategic planning, quality assurance standards, rural electrification plans, on and off-grid delineations.
- Familiarity promoting gender equality and social inclusion in the energy sector
- Prior experience with managing a team of subject matter experts across geographies
- Familiarity with the design and implementation of capacity-building programs in the electricity sector
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships
Valued But Not Required KSAs
- Experience increasing on-grid and off-grid access to affordable, reliable energy
- Experience in renewable energy and resource efficiency.
- Experience in the productive uses of energy (solar irrigation, cooling, electric mobility and electrification of small and large industrial and commercial businesses)
- Experience in improving the quality of social services (education and clean water provision).
- Experienced promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the energy sector
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Office Setting
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.