Systems and Services Officer - Newmont Mining CorporationIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
About This Role:
- To provide technical guidance on in-house Management Information Systems (MIS) systems for the Sustainability and External Relations (S&ER) function, make continuous provision of database access for all eligible users, ensure quality assurance and control of data and enable the functionality of the databases to deliver the required output.
In This Role, You Will:
Supervise land access compensation-related data or information into the S&ER database (Isometrix)
- Conduct quality assurance and control in relation to the land access compensation process for exploration and mining area land-takes.
- Ensure accuracy and validation of all hard copy and electronic compensation data sets from field to electronic capture.
- Liaise with finance to ensure timeliness and accuracy in payment protocols.
- Work with community relations team to diagnose and resolve complaints and grievance relating to land access compensation (crop, structure, livelihoods and deprivation of land-use).
- Conduct vendor setup and updating existing eligible vendor profile for crop, structure and DLU and upload farms and boundary polygons on maps.
- Upload shapefiles and conduct vendor setup.
- Ensure controls and securities embedded in the system are effective.
- Oversee that robust data validation processes are in place.
- Prepare cash calls for finance approval and issuance of payment cheque.
- Set-up agreed negotiation rates for mining area land access and exploration projects in the database.
- Manage and secure compensation field assessment forms to ensure compliance.
- Manage the archiving of the land access related compensation (both manual and electronic).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Database Analyses and Diagnostics
- Diagnose and propose systems solution to complaints and issues associated with various modules.
- Prepare requirement analyses and diagnostics for further system development and scoping.
- Assist in performing MIS needs assessments.
- Develop a system for dashboard/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting for the S&ER Department.
Database Administration and Functionality
- Subscribe to the global stakeholder management system, as part of the Cintellate database.
- Perform Database Administrative duties to enable the effective functionality of S&ER data management systems by:
- Supporting SoW development.
- Managing change requests.
- Delivering monthly reports.
- Providing test/production server enhancements.
- Maintaining adequate data backup procedures to safeguard the integrity of the database.
- Supporting social, environment and governance data capture and storage.
- Querying requests from end-users and diagnosing with IT and systems developers for resolution.
- Supporting the development of a robust database to meet user preferences.
- Overseeing that database procedure are current to enable data user access at all times.
- Develop and improve database functionality actively.
- Act as the liaison between software developers and S&ER end-users to resolve database issues and fixes.
- Conduct user effectiveness testing of the Isometrix., MonitorPro and Cintellate systems (and any application)
- Develop back codes for dynamic reports for S&ER database applications.
Database System Enhancements
- Organize meetings with IT and System Developers to obtain clarity on issues and fixes.
- Work in conjunction with the IT Department to resolve system administrative issues on the S&ER MIS system arising out of server malfunctions.
- Work with IT, end-users and System Developers regarding system enhancements and fine-tuning.
- Provide systems upgrade and systems attributes configuration support.
- Remain abreast of new developments in database software management.
User Training and Reporting
- Assist in the assessment of user training needs on data collection, analysis, and reporting and systems usage.
- Perform and/or conduct/coordinate training on these for S&ER end-users and contractors.
- Conduct periodic refresher training for end-users.
- Develop an account for generating specific periodic progress reports as well as some ad hoc reports for environment and land access-related trends and analysis.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Contribution to the Zero Harm goal of Ahafo with focus on quality safety interactions, inspections, audits, risk assessments & impact mitigation and control systems.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Certificate in Information Technology.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in relevant experience in an Information and Computer Technology (ICT) and database development or management environment.
- Advanced computer literacy skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advanced interpersonal skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced database administration skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong planning, prioritizing and coordination skills.
- Strong information monitoring and system management skills.
- Sound conceptual skills.
- Takes initiative.
- Goal orientated.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The position is located at the Ahafo North mine site.
- Incumbent works mainly on the various S&ER data systems on site. Interacts regularly with IT, Ahafo North Colleagues and the Systems Developers normally through conference calls.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.