Process Engineer - MODEC GhanaEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Process Engineer provides daily and ongoing process engineering support to facilities operated and maintained by MODEC Ghana Limited. The Process Engineer’s role is to complete the process engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change or specific maintenance, production and operations work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Leading O&M assigned tasks in the Process Engineering function and/or operations.
- Support in managing professional Process Engineering work involving considerable independence in approach, demanding a considerable degree of originality, ingenuity, judgement and good knowledge.
- Liaising and coordinating work activities with other discipline engineers to achieve deadlines, targets and objectives.
- Providing innovative and cost-effective solutions for operational problems and capacity constraints facilities.
- Liaising and coordinating with client and offshore teams in relation to MODEC financial KPIs for topside production and processing facilities.
- Exploring and advising on opportunities and methods of maximizing/optimizing production performance.
- Acting as a focal point for Condition Base Monitoring-Performance monitoring & reliability improvement of topside process equipment
- System Custodian of topside production and process facilities/equipment.
- Undertake analysis and investigation of plant trips and deferrals to generate actions for improvement and optimization topside process
- Recommend technical solutions to problems related to top-side process equipment arising from facilities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Be the focal point for CBM Performance monitoring & reliability improvement of topside process equipment.
- Be a System Custodian on topside process e who is responsible for ensuring that the system remains fit for service by ensuring that its performance standard is met, that maintenance and inspections are up-to-date and issues are managed and risks properly mitigated until resolved.
- Lead miscellaneous Process Engineering activities and/or providing expert level technical knowledge and guidance in all phases of projects (conceptual engineering, basic engineering, detailed engineering design, construction, installation and commissioning).
- Ensure proper division of work & responsibility among the process engineers, providing proper guidance & integration of work done, ensuring good, positive & healthy working nature among the team to ensure optimum productivity & efficiency
- Process design & detail engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, Process Optimization, sizing & selection of equipment etc. Review documents, specifications, datasheets, verification design & calculations.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P & I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, Operation & maintenance manuals etc. and providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
- Participation in discipline-related workshops (i.e. cost and schedule, construction review, HAZOP/HAZID & Risk assessment etc.), and attend meetings with outside engineering consultants.
- Schedule and expedite work to the Process Engineering team on Engineering and projects.
- Evaluation of vendor’s quotations, clarifications & Technical Bid Analysis.
What are the minimum qualifications an employee must have in order to perform the duties of the position? (i.e. educational requirements, licenses, certification, work experience, training etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Process Engineer / Chemical Engineer discipline.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced.
- 10 years of experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry. An FPSO experience is desirable.
- 5 years experience at the supervisor level.
- Demonstrate good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project.
- Strong troubleshooting and optimizing topside process & utility system skill
- Oil stabilization.
- Gas Dehydration & Refrigeration Process.
- Reciprocating / Centrifuge compressor
- Sea water treatment and injection.
- Produced water treatment.
- Utilities ( Instrument Air, Freshwater & Nitrogen system)
- Highly desirable for process design and detail engineering design for process equipment compile to the applicable international standards for Floating Production facilities.
- Highly desirable, but not essential for utilizing Process Engineer tools (HYSYS/Unisim).
- Highly desirable for project management skills.
- Knowledge of document control and procurement management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management system (AMOS, MAXIMO preferred)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.