Quality Control Officer - AGROPAL West Africa LimitedQuality Control/Assurance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Eastern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AGROPAL West Africa Limited (AGROPAL) is an agribusiness focused on processing and marketing fruits grown in West Africa for international markets. AGROPAL products are dried fruits (mainly from mangoes and pineapples). Our mission is to empower every actor in the agricultural value chain to ensure inclusive development of the sector.
Our vision is to see a bubbling agricultural sector in Ghana and West Africa improving economies, providing incomes for people, and enhancing food security and health.
As a growing organization, AGROPAL is seeking talents to complement its existing team with its mission of empowering every actor in the agricultural value chain. Therefore, AGROPAL is seeking to hire a Quality Control Officer to work within its Quality Assurance Department. Applicants must note that the role requires flexibility based on the factory production schedule.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities
The hired candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure compliance to quality policy, procedures, work instructions, and documented quality systems. In addition, the hired candidate will ensure compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out fruit quality inspection upon arrival of raw materials, against specifications and submit reports after inspection.
- Ensure all quality procedures for fruit washing and storage are observed.
- Check the peeling and cutting quality, and complete the quality control sheet at the processing unit.
- Check the packing quality and complete quality control sheet at the packing unit.
- Conduct quality control on pallets in accordance to the finished goods control procedure.
- Ensure daily calibration and verification of all measuring equipment in the laboratory and in the factory.
- Monitor and control all storage areas and conditions.
- Continuous training and coaching of factory employees on food safety and quality issues.
- Fulfilment of housekeeping standards.
- Report any non-compliance detected in relation to both quality and food safety management system to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Report immediately any non-conformity on product quality detected to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Report immediately any breakage, damage or malfunction of equipment to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Ensure samples for analyses are properly taken for each batch.
- Manage and maintain all tools and equipment for carrying out quality control checks: in the laboratory and in the factory.
- Ensure effective cleaning of all production equipment, dryers and the factory premises.
- Ensure proper and prompt filing of records: maintain records organized and accessible for analysis and reference.
- Ensure correct traceability of products and records.
- Supporting process improvements throughout the testing and quality assurance processes.
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines in the factory.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/ HND or higher in Food Science or a related field.
- At least two (2) years of professional or sector/industry experience excluding national service.
- Knowledge of the use of measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) system.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite.
- Candidate should demonstrate integrity and accountability.
- Fluency in English – excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Applicants must be living around the factory location or be willing to relocate to Akuse (Eastern Region).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.