Finance & Administration Officer - Fairtrade AfricaAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade-certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs the policy and strategic development of the organization.
FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE: To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
- Post holder reports to Finance and Procurement Manager
- Staff reporting to this post: Finance and Administration Assistant
- Budget Responsibilities: Yes
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Performance Areas
- Prepare and maintain cash controls, reconciliation of bank statements, process invoices and maintain purchase order systems in accordance with the FTA financial policies.
- Develop procedures and oversee controls in issuing procurement contracts and processing of all payments and cheques.
- Ensure local tax laws and regulations are adhered to, by withholding, remitting and paying all taxes due and in due time
- Ensure transactions are recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system in an accurate, timely and transparent manner
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly projects and regional financial statements
- Prepare for and assist with the regional annual audits
- Maintain the office petty cash and staff imprest systems
- Assist with the preparation and consolidation of projects and regional budgets
- Accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, reporting and investigating variances in collaboration with the Finance department
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Administration and Logistics Support
- Maintain an up-to-date office asset register and coordinate office equipment maintenance and repairs to ensure equipment is in good working conditions
- Ensuring timely payment of utility bills (water, electricity, internet,)
- Arrange all travel (national, regional and international), transfers and accommodation bookings for the HoR and members of the Board, staff and assist during their stay.
- In liaison with the programming team organize and arrange producer visits for the HoR and other visitors.
- Support the region with procurement of goods and services (Air Ticket, Hotels, Visibility materials etc)
- Ensure availability of meeting rooms, external venues, equipment, materials and catering arrangements for regional board and partner meetings as required
Human Resources Support
- Support the HR & Administration Manager in field recruitment exercises by organizing interviews, interview folders, and sending out regret letters
- Liaise with the HR and Administration Manager and the Head of Region to ensure timely renewal processes for contracts.
- Coordinate the onboarding of incoming local staff and prepare their induction programmes
- Monitor, track and update the leave database in coordination with line managers.
- Update and ensure staff medical, and all other insurance records are up to date.
- Create and maintain employee files, and ensure that all records are up to date.
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Member of a professional body such as ICAM
- A degree in Business Administration
- Certified accountancy qualification
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position developing and monitoring budgets
- Knowledge of the local taxation laws and general accounting convention
- Knowledge of accounting software
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong financial management and accounting skills
- Data entry and records maintenance skills
- Bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good MS Office skills particularly MS Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work with different accounting packages
- Good customer services skill
- Excellent oral and written communication
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.