IT Officer - Qatar CharityIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Qatar Charity is a Doha-based non-governmental organization founded in 1992 in accordance with the laws and regulations governing charitable work in the State of Qatar. The Qatari society was expressing a deep willingness to contribute to the international solidarity chain and to participate in addressing the most important development and humanitarian challenges faced by vulnerable communities around the world.
This willingness was derived from the Qatari society’s values, principles and cultural heritage and Qatar Charity came as the institutional solution that would cater to it. Initially founded to provide life-saving assistance to children affected by conflicts or natural disasters, Qatar Charity then expanded its areas of expertise to include various humanitarian and development aid fields, providing relief and assistance to more than 110 million beneficiaries worldwide.
With funding from Qatar, Qatar Charity in Ghana is willing to support vulnerable communities in achieving progress and prosperity by providing adequate support for vulnerable communities through robust social welfare systems and related services in various states within Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qatar Charity – Ghana Office invites candidates to apply for the following position:
- Report to: Admin Support Officer
- Contract duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The IT Officer will be responsible for managing the organization’s computer systems, hardware, software, and networks including ensuring that computer systems and networks are secure and free of vulnerabilities. S/He shall be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing technical issues in computer systems, networks, and software applications.
S/He shall also ensure that the organization's data and information is protected, backed up, and recoverable in case of a disaster. S/He must stay up to date with technological advancements and trends in the field to keep the organization's systems running smoothly.
S/He will conduct such responsibilities in accordance with the highest standards of profession and ensuring adherence to Qatar Charity procedures and regulations.
- Maintains computer systems and software to ensure they are running smoothly
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues that arise with computers or software
- Implements security measures to protect computer systems from viruses and unauthorized access
- Manages the organization's database and ensures data backups are made on a regular basis
- Helps users with computer-related problems and offers advice on how to use software or hardware appropriately
- Tests and evaluates new hardware and software to determine if they are suitable for the organization
- Provides training to employees on how to use computer systems and software effectively
- Keeps up to date with advancements in computing technology and recommends upgrades or changes as necessary.
- Any other official assignments delegated by Country Director or direct supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ESSENTIAL WORK ACTIVITIES
- Not limited to the following, troubleshooting, and fixing technical issues in computer systems, networks, and software applications.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in ICT, Computer Science, or any other related field, with strong post-qualification experience (minimum 3 years in related field)
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in computer systems, hardware, software, and networking. Proficiency in programming languages and database management systems and strong analytical skills, problem-solving, and critical thinking abilities will be a plus.
- Must be excellent in Team Viewer, M365(Office, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Intune, MS Azure AD, VPN, MS VDI, End Point Protection, etc.)
- Experience with a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working with the team.
- Valid driver’s license.
- V. Good knowledge of English.
- Arabic Language skills will be considered as added value but not mandatory
- An understanding of and commitment to QC’s mission and values
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.