Head of Communication - African UnionCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of Job
Responsible for the overall supervision and management of the Division. Leads formulation of communications strategies on priority issues and carries out campaigns to create awareness about the activities of the departments, directorate and institution to support their substantive goals
- Manage and supervise employees within the division with regard to the department goals objectives including performance evaluation.
- Design strategies and policies consistent with the Department’s goal in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area.
- Contribute to the development of the departmental communication plan and ensure implementation at division level
- Manage communication risk within the division and recommend mitigation strategies
- Design and plan institutional and Directorate policies programs to achieve strategies.
- Develop new and existing activities as components of the strategies and policies.
- Address problems in arising to current approaches to relevant area.
- Engage stakeholders within Members States and RECs in designing and implementing communication strategies.
- Represent the organisation and explain its position at Press briefings.
- Mobilise funding from all donors to use to execute strategies and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Ensure the creation of an inspiring work environment to enable staff development and professional progression.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop and execute communications strategies – including writing communications plans and developing key messages
- Engage with State Parties, stakeholders and partners on various issues, including handling crisis communications situations
- Spearhead the establishment of modern data processing system for the AfCFTA Website and managing websites, internal and external
- Determine and execute Directorate strategy on the implementation of AfCFTA and overall Agenda 2063 and coordinate the implementation of continental and regional priority programmes and projects
- Mobilize resources and partners in support of the implementation of AfCFTA’ s priority programmes and projects
- Devise policies and priorities of the AfCFTA’ s actions to media external audiences and the public, ensuring that AfCFTA’ s messaging reflects its policies and priorities appropriately
- Ensure the efficient running of communication and media operations, providing guidance, advice and specialized training as needed, and responding to any emerging issues
- Lead knowledge management, information systems, the web system, projects and programmes to develop and/or update the information, communication and knowledge management strategy based on AfCFTA overall strategic plan.
- Advise and support AfCFTA on implementation of technology-based projects, media and public outreach activities in relation with their conferences, workshops, public events and activities and delivering media and online messages in a timely and effective manner
- Promotes communication and engagement that encourages and build strategic partnerships with the AU specifically: Private Sector, Academia, Development Partners, African Youth Associations, Diaspora & Civil Society
- Promotes correct use AU Brand and its identities on all communication developed for AU departments, institutions and in collaboration with partners.
- Overseeing the editorial content and production of all publications and public information materials, public statements and other communication material from AfCFTA
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
A Master’s in Communications, Public Relations and Advertising, Marketing or Business Administration with twelve (12) years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in the area of corporate communications of which Seven (7) years should be at senior management level and 5 (five) should involve supervisory roles.
- Professional qualification in marketing / or public relations will be an added advantage
- Regional/international experience managing communication for large national or regional or international organizations
- Experience in producing high-quality advertising and content creation in-house or working with media and advertising agencies
- Experience in conceptualizing and implementing high-impact digital marketing campaigns
- Computer literacy and the use of modern means of communication tools is an added advantages.
- Corporate Marketing and Brand Strategy development and communication implementation
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, including budgets, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Ability to manage budgets and determine financial impact
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strategic Perspective:
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Building Relationships
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with impact
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
- Fosters Innovation
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.