Maintenance Technician: Industrial Electrician - AECI Mining ExplosivesEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Bogoso 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AECI is a leading partner in making mining safer and more efficient for a better world. This is done through virtual reality training and blast simulation as well as the creation of a “digital twin” of customers’ operations and on-site management of their mineral extraction chemical processes. Changing the face of mining through innovation and highly specialised R&D has been top of mind since the company was founded as a supplier of explosives, accessories and services more than 120 years ago.
Purpose of Job
To supervise and ensure the maintenance of all electrical and electronic systems, control units and the general electrical systems in the company including plant electrical works (and mobile equipments when required) in line with SHE and company standards for optimum utilization of plant and equipment resources.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- To formulate plans and allocate required manpower for all electrical works and maintain electrical systems availability to support production demands.
- To ensure electrical/electronic critical spares are at a reasonable stock level to support maintenance operations.
- To supervise the installation of improvements and major upgrades in electrical systems, sub-systems and units ensuring that such works conform to company standards and safe working procedures always
- To promote "Take 5" and monitor electrical systems maintenance to enforce compliance with Health, Safety and Environment standards.
- To ensure maintenance of all electrical equipment manuals, equipment warranties, tools inventories and ensure that test and calibrations on equipment are done in conformance with legistration.
- To ensure good housekeeping and adherence to best maintenance practices across all workshops so as to prevent accidents and promote good health.
- To investigate identified Electrical problems on the plant immediately, in order to find cost effective sloutions to breakdowns.
- To manage and lead the support team (Electricians). This includes ensuring adequate training and retraining and enforce discipline to ensure a highly motivated team.
- To ensure that all routine works are well planned to ensure effective utilization of labour.
- To play a lead role in the installation of plants at new sites as well as demolishing during closure of sites.
- To produce reports to management on areas as required.
Required Skills or Experience
Qualifications and expertise required
- A minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in a manufacturing, explosive or mining industry
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Professional qualification or vocational certificate in electrical/electronic maintenance systems
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be eligible to drive light vehicles and hold valid driver’s license B.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge in Electrical, Servo and PLC systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Team Player
- Knowledge and understanding of the Explosives Act and Regulation.
- Follow-up on actions for completion
- Minimum of Mincom Inspecting Certification is a Plus
- Thoroughness and meticulousness
Living the AECI Values
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Specific experience required
- Must have a committed attitude to onsite Health and Safety standards
- Must have the ability to interact with people from other departments
- Must have a good working experience on maintenance planning and scheduling
- Must have good supervisory skills
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.