Maintenance Technician: Mechanical - AECI Mining ExplosivesEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tarkwa 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AECI is a leading partner in making mining safer and more efficient for a better world. This is done through virtual reality training and blast simulation as well as the creation of a “digital twin” of customers’ operations and on-site management of their mineral extraction chemical processes. Changing the face of mining through innovation and highly specialised R&D has been top of mind since the company was founded as a supplier of explosives, accessories and services more than 120 years ago.
Purpose of Job
To do general inspection, maintenance, repair and overhaul work on light and heavy duty trucks and other diesel-powered vehicles and related equipment and operate a wide range of workshop tools and equipment in a safe manner to ensure continuous business operations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- To design and implement a yearly maintenance planner for continuous operations.
- To ensure appropriate record keeping of spare parts on site at all times for quick refernce and ensure that all documentation including inspection sheets, work orders, applying signatures are done appropriately.
- To ensure that spare-parts stock are kept above minimum stock level, and re-order when they run out.
- To liase with manager to source for competent external expertise when the need arises for contractual projects on site
- To ensure tidiness and cleanliness of work area and company vehicles after official use to promote excellent housekeeping on site
- To provide effective supervisory role to the support team in line with company standards on safety, safe working practices and "STEP" at all times and ensure effective maintenance of superior customer stakeholder relationship at all times.
- To conduct general servicing on both MMU's and Light Vehicles to ensure fleet is in good working condition for operational needs in collaboration with engineering support team.
- To diagnose, repair and ovehaul power transmission systems, including such parts as clutches, differential units, gears, bearings, universal joints and hydraulic units.
- To perform preventive maintenance and service works, including tune-ups, checking and replenishing fluid levels, replacing hoses, belts and wipers.
- To diagnose, repair and maitain truck pneumatics, hydraulic systems and associated power take-off equipment to ensure fleet are in good condition
- To investigate and produce reports on incident that occurs on equipment
- To ensure that all inspections are conducted, documented and recommendations submitted to the appropriate quaters
- To ensure the maintenance team adhere to company's standard procedure at all times
- To give support to off-site mechanics when the need arises.
Required Skills or Experience
Qualifications and expertise required
- A minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in a manufacturing, explosive or mining industry
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Professional qualification or vocational certificate in electrical/electronic maintenance systems
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be eligible to drive light vehicles and hold valid driver’s license B.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge in Electrical, Servo and PLC systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Team Player
- Knowledge and understanding of Explosives Act and Regulation.
- Follow-up on actions for completion
- A minimum of Mincom Inspecting Certification is a Plus
- Thoroughness and meticulousness
Living the AECI Values
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Specific experience required
- Must have a committed attitude to onsite Health and Safety standards
- Must have the ability to interact with people from other departments
- Must have a good working experience in maintenance planning and scheduling
- Must have good supervisory skills
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.