Communications Lead - Tullow OilCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognized, and African-focused independent oil and gas company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licenses across 8 countries in Africa and South America. Our purpose is to build a better future through responsible oil and gas development.
Tullow Oil is offering an exciting opportunity within the Ghana communications team. The new position is Communications Lead, which is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana with hybrid working arrangements.
To lead the development and implementation of TGL’s Communications Strategies that support the company’s objectives and enhance its reputation. This will entail leading internal and external communications initiatives.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The following are the key roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate
Communications and Media Relations
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive Communications, PR and Media strategy that supports TGL’s objectives and enhances its reputation.
- Manage all internal and external communications, including media relations, public relations, investor relations and employee communications.
- Develop and Manage relationships with key stakeholders including journalists, media analysts, influencers, and other media institutions.
- Serve as a company representative on media engagements and enquiries.
- Develop and maintain crisis communications plan and protocols.
- Develop and execute employee communications strategy that keeps employees informed and engaged.
- Advise the External Affairs Manager and other business managers on effective communication strategies that will enhance TGL’s reputation.
- Effectively manage communication team in the delivery of the communications strategies.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in Ghana and across Tullow’s operations to ensure consistent messaging and execution of strategies that enhance the reputation of the company.
- Work closely with Tullow group communications team to roll out the company’s communication priorities for Ghana.
- Manage the effective delivery of corporate events.
- Manage and supervise TGL’s engagements with media agencies.
- Effectively manage Tullow’s communications risk.
- Support Tullow Group Investor Relations team to deliver on investor initiatives in Ghana.
- Manage TGL’s communication and engagements with the investor community.
- Support Tullow Group to deliver on regulatory compliance obligations in Ghana.
- Bachelor’s degree (1st Class or 2nd Upper minimum) in Communications, or related field.
- A relevant master’s degree.
- A certification in Journalism will be a plus.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Skills /Professional Experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in corporate communications.
- Experience managing relationships with media analysts and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing crisis communication.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Advanced skills in presenting and reporting.
- Demonstrable editorial judgement.
- High organization and coordination skills
- Credited with several publications
- Knowledge of Social media platforms and their effective use in corporate communications.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- Regular working from home, with on average 2 working days per week in the office
- Ability to manage working hours to balance work/life commitments
- A performance-driven culture that generates results
- A commitment to your personal and professional development
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people
- A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.