Operator Technician: Packaging - GuinnessEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Kumasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Operator Technician – Packaging is ideally an individual with engineering experience, who provides uninterrupted packaging services to the user areas. He is also responsible for maintaining machinery on shift in order to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost-effective manner. He participates in continuous improvement initiatives such as PIPs in the department. He should own the planning and execution of his training and development
Operate packaging equipment (Fillers, Labellers, Decrater/Recrater, Blow moulder, Decrater/Recrater, Palletizer/Depalletizer), monitor the performance of equipment, keep records, perform quality control checks and effect correction, according to the Standard Process Instruction (SPI) and Standard Work Instruction (SWI) to deliver shift targets.
To carry out first-line maintenance activities on packaging equipment
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Contribute to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Transparent as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Ensure all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Management System related to my operation are implemented, supervised, and adhered to and ensure corrective actions are taken when vital. Achieve and report accurately on all KPI’s Support Packaging Team Lead to achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
- Deliver the best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through the execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules. Supervise and log accurately, all the vital parameters of the various equipment viz. Temperature, pressure, current, voltage etc.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes drawing down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- Actively pursue training and development on an individual and team basis and participate in competency-based training programs and develop positive relationships with colleagues, including contractors.
- Compile and commentate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- HND/MET III or EET III (Mechanical / Electrical Engineering) or it's equivalent
- 3 years experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the Permit to Work system and GGB PLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem-solving.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
- Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills acquired.
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.