IT Specialist - GIZ GhanaIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Scope of Role:
- The IT specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring that IT and management systems operate and function correctly according to IT
industry best practice and implementing and complying with GIZ IT standards and recommendations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensures the availability of up-to-date hardware (laptops, servers, all PCs) in accordance with current GIZ standards.
- Deals with maintenance of PCs, notebooks, printers, digital cameras, scanners and other hardware and maintaining the system’s network and hardware documentation.
- Implements, maintains and configures all standard GIZ software (e.g. Microsoft 365, WinPACCS, SAP)
- Set up new user accounts, profiles, and deals with password issues, maintains and updates existing web sites.
- Is responsible for the availability of the LAN, installs any updates and ensures routine, professional maintenance of the necessary
hardware, installs and maintains the LAN.
- Monitors the performance of the internet connections and devise strategies for bandwidth management and configure the firewall.
- Manages and ensures general administration of the entire IT system.
- Notifies the GIZ IT help desk of fundamental problems with GIZ IT applications
- Maintains a list of all hardware and software systems, and updates this to reflect changes, backs up data and deals with the problem of data security.
Qualification Required & Experience
- BSc/MSc in Information Technology
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position with current IT industry certifications (e.g. MCSE, MCP, CCNP) are
- Outstanding knowledge of IT hardware and software used, computer network systems, database software, network security.
- Ideally, knowledge of GIZ systems and specific GIZ software (SAP, WINPACCS, etc.)
- Working experience in IT user management, IT Helpdesk Support and customer relations is an asset.
- Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
- Good presentation, communication, and reporting skills with the ability to present complex technical details in a simple business context
- Good time management
- Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation, cooperation and negotiation skills.
- Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
- Rendering result orientated performance; willingness to take up responsibility.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.