Accountant - Tetra Tech ARDAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of the Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA) is to prevent the collapse of the small pelagic fishery sector in Ghana while improving supplemental livelihoods, resilience, and food security. This activity seeks to improve supplemental livelihoods and resilience measures for fishing communities, particularly for women and youth; facilitate private sector engagement and market linkages in the fishing sector; strengthen government capacity in policymaking, regulation and enforcement; strengthen improved science and research, including data for policy and management decisions; and empower key stakeholders to effect change
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Ensure that the accounting system of the project complies with the requirements, regulations and systems of USAID, Ghana and Tetra Tech ARD.
- Manages the project's accounting financial system, including support in the preparation of expense projections, cash requirements and requests for funds to the parent company, managing cash flow and keeping track of expenses.
- Supports the supervision of the project office regarding banking operations, petty cash, advances for travel expenses, cash handling, etc., ensuring that cash needs are met on time.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Control cash disbursements (checks) and monitor/supervise the petty cash of the GFRA office.
- Ensure that timesheets are filed with payment documents to each employee and sent to the parent company each month.
- In charge of all accounting transactions, i.e.: payroll payment, payment to subcontractors and consultants, payment to suppliers, processing of travel advances and settlement of travel expenses. etc.
- Ensure that disbursements/payments are correctly calculated and made in accordance with the internal rules and policies of the GFRA project, Tetra Tech ARD and USAID regulations and systems.
- In charge of recording all payments and transactions in the Quick Books System and closing monthly accounts according to the guidelines and procedures of the parent company and the monthly closing schedule provided.
- Consult with and respond to the Accountant of the Project in headquarters in everything related to local accounting: receipts and invoices supporting expenses, unliquidated travel advances, entries in Quick Books, cash handling of GFRA offices, monthly reports, etc.
- Keep documents/reports/guide/files complete and current.
- Ensure that travel expense reports are prepared by employees within the established period, completed correctly, and that travel expenses are reconciled according to the procedures and policies established by the project and/or Tetra Tech ARD.
- In charge of carrying out the annual physical inventory of the Project, including regional office.
- Ensure that lease payments are made on time for all project offices.
- Confidentially handle payroll payments, taxes, insurance, and any other payments to the local authorities for taxes and others.
- Ensure that all disbursement vouchers are entered and saved in Egnyte and on Salesforce on monthly basis
- Other tasks assigned by the Deputy Chief of party or Chief of Party; and other functions inherent in the post.
PRODUCTS (AMONG OTHERS):
- Monthly reports according to the responsibilities mentioned above.
- Monthly payroll and payment of taxes/contributions to local authorities.
- Preparation and delivery of local accounts on time to headquarters, including entries in Quick Books. (To be reviewed by immediate supervisor)
- Sending requests for funds to the parent company authorized by the Director of Administration and Finance and the Chief of Party (COP).
- Assist with the annual physical inventory to be carried out on the anniversary of the start of the project.
Required Skills or Experience
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum four years of experience in accounting. Experience working with USAID projects and contractors. Experience at Quick Books. Knowledgeable of local tax and withholding laws for domestic employees as well as foreign personnel.
- SKILLS: Complete management of Excel and Quick Books. High level of ethics and professional integrity. Responsible and able to fulfil tasks in the stipulated times. Demonstrated the ability to work harmoniously as a team.
- LANGUAGES: Advanced level in English.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.