Mechanical Engineer - GuinnessEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Kumasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of the role
- Work at tier 1 & 2 to deliver Asset Care functional expertise across the area/site and lead the shift Asset Care Technicians and support the day-based asset care support team to resolve sophisticated equipment problems
- Actively lead and sponsor CAPEX and innovation activity at the site level
- Lead and advocate good governance around internal and external compliance (health & safety, quality and environment).
- Continuous Improvement – accountable for specialist improvement activity
- Provide high levels of specialist support to the operations teams.
- Proactively lead on performance analysis that drives improvement actions that address adverse performance trends.
- Lead the MMS Asset Care deployment within the Asset Care within areas of responsibility.
- Work with Operating Equipment Manufacturers to drive faster problem-solving and greater plant availability
- Support in the delivery of outstanding performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Environment, Asset Care, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Morale).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure alignment to Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Standards and compliance to maintenance regulatory standards at all times.
- Lead the deployment of the MMS Asset Care practices in the shift asset care teams and within the support team
- Lead the specialist support team to ensure maximum equipment availability
- Ensure the asset care team complete all scheduled specialist improvement activity.
- Attend daily asset care review meetings, and take appropriate action to provide support to course correct non-conformance
- Continuously drives for the next level of performance through review of Autonomous Maintenance, Asset Care and Focussed Improvement.
- Ensure effective management of spare parts
- Take ownership of the asset care budget and ensure the most efficient solutions are completed
- Develop team morale, recognise great performance and take timely action to address underperformance where vital
- Role model and coach team in the use of problem-solving tools
- Apply specialist knowledge to lead improvement projects using the DMAIC methodology
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings to raise, discuss and follow up on persistent performance issues to root cause problem-solving and effective control
Entry-level requirements – skills and experience
- A qualified time-served trade BSc/HND Mechanical
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in an operations environment
- Relevant IBD qualification (General Certificate in Spirits/Beer Packaging) or willing to complete
- Ability to manage people performance, coaching and development of a multi-disciplined team
- Thorough solid understanding and demonstrated expertise in all areas of the plant in the area
- Proactive structured problem-solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, TPM or Manex
- Expert knowledge of RCPS, 5S, Set Up Time Reduction, Autonomous Maintenance
- Basic financial awareness, understanding of business drivers, and budgeting processes.
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office) and Diageo packages.
- Project Management skills & experience
- Track record of maintenance management – important metric improvement, planning effectiveness and alignment
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good solid understanding of Environmental legislation and standards
- Best-in-class people management practices
- Commercial understanding of production & supply chain management. Financially aware – Capex, R&M
- Deep knowledge of ME, packaging, lean methodologies, process control, RCM
- SAP (or MRP systems), Planned Maintenance, Environmental and Quality systems
Excellence in Supply Chain
- Is experienced of working within the Performance Management structure of KPIs and Tier Review Meeting Structure
- Has a proven track record in alignment to Core Processes and Standards
- Demonstrates role model behaviour and coaches others to follow a consistent approach and go beyond mandatory minimum requirements
- Proactively demonstrates the learning curriculums and materials on Diageo Academy and other sources to continuously grow and develop in the role.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.