Senior Journalist: Video Producer - BBCAdvertising/Media Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The BBC World Service is undergoing a significant strategic review to become a digital-first operation that provides distinctive and original content.
In line with this strategy, we are establishing digital production hubs to produce high-impact, original journalism for our audiences across the globe.
We are looking for a talented and motivated video producer to be based in Ghana to pitch, develop ideas, deploy, produce and reversion digital video content independently with editorial guidance or collaboratively with others.
This position will sit alongside digital, production and journalism roles that will generate fresh, innovative and engaging stories for multiple platforms.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- This role primarily initiates, gathers and produces material for news, current affairs and general programming for digital platforms. You will be expected to routinely self-shoot and edit complete packages for use across multiple platforms.
- Ensure content is accurate and informative whilst striving for creative and imaginative output, and adhere to the best standards of video production.
- To record video interviews and other types of original content as required and work with graphics and visual journalism teams to produce creative and original sequences.
- Use analytics to inform video story choices and ensure the content is delivered in the right format(s).
Knowledge, Skills, Training & Experience
- Bilingual language expertise is preferred: A full command and up-to-date knowledge of a key World Service regional language as first (or equivalent) language as well as complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to originate, plan, develop and produce engaging digital content on complex political and social issues that will appeal to African and global audiences, particularly among women and young people.
- Experience of digital newsgathering, filming and filing video from the field, and proven ability to confidently use editing and production tools as required. A knowledge of outside broadcast techniques would be an advantage.
- A good presence on camera and experience of social media lives would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of data analytics and experience of using it to shape the content and meet the needs of different audience groups.
- Track record of encouraging, guiding and assisting colleagues who are new and unfamiliar with video and digital.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.