Finance & Operations Director (FASA) - Abt AssociatesFinance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Abt Associates seeks candidates Finance and Operations Director candidates for the anticipated USAID/Ghana Fiscal Accountability Strengthening Activity (the Activity). The purpose of the five-year Activity is to improve accountability within the Government of Ghana's public financial management systems to achieve three objectives: (i) enhanced external audit and parliamentary scrutiny; (ii) improved accounting, financial reporting, and compliance to fiscal policy; and (iii) strengthened control, predictability, and transparency in budget execution.
As the Finance and Operations Director, you will be responsible for budgeting, financial management and reporting; oversight of procurement; administrative management of subcontracts and grants; human resources management; and general administrative and operational support for program activities.
Work is expected to begin in late 2023. The position is contingent on the contract being awarded to Abt Associates. As the Finance and Operations Director, you will be based in Ghana and will report to the Chief of Party in the country.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Abt Associates actively seeks out candidates with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Therefore, we particularly encourage women, individuals from disadvantaged communities, and differently-abled people to apply.
- Ensure compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the contract.
- Oversee the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support project implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID and Abt policies and regulations.
- Manage the provision of operational support to project activities, ensuring that project senior management and program staff have the support required to implement planned activities.
- Manage implementation of financial, administrative, and human resources (HR) policies and procedures that meet project needs and corporate and client requirements.
- Provide ongoing financial administration to project including approvals of purchase requisitions, local consultant agreements, vendor invoices, and the like.
- Oversee procurement efforts for the project including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of sub-contracts and grants on the project in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
- Ensure that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID and project requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits.
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems and provide financial performance updates on project activities.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of monthly Remote Office Voucher.
- Develop and manage project banking procedures and transactions.
- Oversee all human resources management functions – recruitment, hiring, transition and termination; benefits administration; performance appraisal and ongoing performance management; leave tracking; rewards and recognition; disciplinary processes in collaboration with the home office-based Finance and Contracts Manager and Abt’s human resources department.
- Supervise all financial, administrative and operational project support staff.
- Ensure that staff, team members and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with contract requirements, USAID and Abt Associates’ HR policies and procedures for hiring, performance reviews, terminations, etc.
- Provide training to staff on project procedures and build skill-levels of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management.
What We Value
- A post-graduate degree in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of professional work experience in the financial and administrative management of large (over 10 million USD) complex development projects, preferably on USAID or other donor-funded projects
- Supervisory and/or management work experience including (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and (3) ability to lead large complex programs and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Experience managing financial transactions on USAID-funded programs preferred and familiarity with USAID regulations and procedures.
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of the latest management tools and computer applications.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in English
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.