Executive Secretary - Ghana Academy of Arts and SciencesAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Position: Executive Secretary
Scope of Work
- Under the general guidance of the Council and the direct supervision of the Honorary Secretary, the Executive Secretary is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Academy, and drives the implementation of the Academy’s Strategic Plan and other policy directives;
- S/He manages the staff of the Secretariat of the Academy;
- S/He keeps records, archives and library of the Academy;
- S/He is responsible for the safe custody of the common seal of the Academy;
- S/He serves as secretary to the Council and the General Meeting of Fellows of the Academy and conducts correspondence on their behalf;
- S/He coordinates the activities of the Academy and arranges its public events;
- S/He serves as a member of the Entity Tender Committee and is a co-opted member of the Audit Committee; and
- S/He performs any other duties that may be assigned by the Honorary Secretary and Council.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- The position of Executive Secretary is equivalent to that of a Deputy Registrar in a public university in Ghana;
- Candidates must have a good first degree and a Master’s degree in either the Arts or Sciences;
- Candidates must have not less than 15 years post qualification experience, at least eight (8) of which shall have been in a senior management position.
- Proven competent leadership capabilities and managerial skills;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Capacity to exercise sound judgment and exhibit a high sense of initiative;
- Effective communicator with excellent report writing skills;
- Computer literate; and
- Applicant should be able to serve at least one five-year term of office before attaining the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
The Executive Secretary shall hold office for a period of five (5) years and is eligible for reappointment for a further term of up to five (5) years, subject to a satisfactory review of performance.
Remuneration: The salary attached to the position is equivalent to that of a Deputy Registrar in a public university in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.