Contracts Advisor: Ops - Tullow OilSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised, and African-focused independent oil and gas company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licences across 8 countries in Africa and South America. Tullow Oil has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Advisor to join the Operational Procurement Team.
Support the Business Unit in meeting its objectives through relevant C&P (Contracts & Procurement) activity, including:
- Strategy: Development of contracting strategies, including their approvals, and implementation.
- Sourcing: Composition, issuance, and management of Requests for Information/Proposals/Quotations, bid evaluation and negotiation of terms and conditions and pricing, preparation of the recommendation to award documents (internal and external), and award of the final contract.
- Management: Post-award contract management, administration, and reporting, including contractor performance management and for some areas strategic relationship management.
This role is based in Accra, Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The following are the key roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate
Demand Planning/ Concept/Strategy Development
- Review the annual business plan to understand forward demand and document key findings, priorities, and assumptions from anticipated spending and contracts portfolio.
- Analyze the O&M / L&M business landscape, spend by sub-category and suppliers to feed into category strategy and identify value optimization opportunities.
- Develop contract strategies and sourcing plans for O&M / L&M contracts with due consideration for EHS, technical, local content, pricing, and commercial aspects.
- Develop and execute complex RWE tenders, this includes tender requests, tender Develop and execute O&M / L&M tenders, this includes tender requests, tender evaluation, negotiations and supplier due diligence, contract drafting and award of contracts.
- Incorporate Local Content requirements during sourcing events and ensure that the contracts meet the expected Local Content requirements.
- Secure O&M / L&M contracts (drafting and development) and ensure proper storage of contracts and associated documentation in-line with company requirements.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Drive O&M / L&M contracts management with end users to ensure that suppliers deliver their performance obligations and comply with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Provide oversight and conduct O&M / L&M contracts renewal and closure and communicate the updates with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with and develop suppliers to create sustainable long-term relationships where applicable.
- Identify opportunities to create synergies across the business to obtain increased value from the overall procurement contract portfolio.
- Support internal and external audits where required.
- Serve as the C&P Subject Matter Expert for O&M / L&M sourcing and contracting.
Capability Development and other areas
- Assist in the development and implementation of capacity development initiatives to improve procurement outcomes.
- Actively support the rollout of supply chain transformation initiatives (e.g., Contract Lifecycle Management and Supplier Management);
- Uphold and work within the company values and Code of Ethical Conduct Policy.
- Formulating, evaluating, and negotiating complex contracts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and often competing priorities.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and articulate and present solutions.
- Advanced English language and numeracy skills.
- High level of competency in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Proven experience in energy or extractive/heavy industry (ideally with exposure to O&M / L&M) sourcing, contracting, negotiation, and contract management.
- Good understanding of complex supply chains operating across international boundaries with multiple source points for the supply of equipment, materials, personnel, and services.
- Good understanding of significant legal and commercial issues within the supply chain.
- Proven experience of negotiating contracts (simple and complex)
- Working within a joint venture and/or production-sharing environments typically found in the oil and gas industry.
- Awareness of oil and gas field development and production operations activities.
- Degree qualification relevant to the job description.
- Preference for additional SCM-related qualifications, e.g. CIPS, MBA
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.