Programme Policy Officer: Cash Based Transfers - World Food ProgrammeNGO Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Contribute to the formulation and/or implementation of the CSP in line with WFP’s corporate and regional policies and strategies on Cash-Based Transfers (CBT) programs.
- Working with all key units, develop a strategy and workplan aligned with the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) for implementation of CBT programmes.
- Support/lead CO’s efforts throughout the CBT program cycle, in line with the new corporate Business Process Model, by working with key units to provide technical guidance on design, delivery, and assurance of CBT operations.
- Lead discussions/actions on CBT in relevant internal and external platforms (incl. cash and/or SP working groups).
- In collaboration with other units, develop, update, and ensure related Standard Operational procedures (SOPs) are aligned with corporate manuals and guidelines.
- Advise CO in identifying relevant, innovative, and context-specific delivery mechanisms for CBT assistance.
- Act as CO focal point for CBT, ensuring a clear and strong connection between the field operations, Regional Bureau, and Head Quarters.
- Act as CO focal point for CBT for relevant national ministries in government discussions/relations.
- Assist government counterparts to identify and analyze policy problems and operational gaps, and provide technical expertise to inform government policy, strategy and the design and delivery of suitable solutions for cash-based programmes.
- Lead/support the development, implementation and follow-up of capacity-strengthening initiatives, including for government staff in cash-based transfers and social protection where required.
- Document CBT best practices and lessons learned for the CO and manage operational research and evidence building on issues relevant to CBT programmes.
- Establish and maintain strategic and operational partnerships for complementary and collaborative approaches to improve CBT programmes, and support related advocacy work for extending the coverage, comprehensiveness, adequacy and quality of CBT programmes within all relevant audiences.
- Contribute to resource mobilization efforts for CBT activities where required.
- Support the ongoing development of corporate guidance for CBT incorporating field experience and lessons learned.
- Other duties as required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- WFP Ghana CBT engagement strategy including capacity strengthening to National Systems.
- Regular Cash Working Group Meetings and documented minutes and recommendations for management decision-making.
- Implementation of the CBT Business Process Model.
- Training of CBT staff in unit and other multi-functional staff to ensure effective delivery and assurance of CBT operations.
- Regular participation in working group meeting on government to persons CBT operation and providing feedback to management.
Qualification Required & Experience
Advanced university degree recognized by https://www.whed.net/home.php in International Affairs, Development Studies, Economics, or relevant Social Science fields or first university degree with additional years’ experience and/or relevant training.
- At least five (5) years of experience in international humanitarian and development programmes, including cash-based programming, social protection, food and nutrition security and/or livelihoods.
- Experience in planning, design and implementation of humanitarian and recovery operations with relevant work experience at country level.
- Experience in leading and supporting the design, set-up and implementation of CBT responses.
- Strong background in analytical work, research, training, workshop facilitation and coaching.
- Experience in working with governments on cash-based transfer modality of assistance will be an advantage.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong understanding of the theory and application of food security, social protection and/or livelihood programmes.
- Good understanding of WFP’s mandate, Country Strategic Planning process, intervention modalities, programme and project lifecycle tools, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation desirable.
- Knowledge of major humanitarian, recovery and development challenges and issues, specifically strategies for poverty and hunger reduction.
- Knowledge of current thinking and developments in country capacity strengthening and effective knowledge transfer models, concepts, and principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of UN’s role in development cooperation.
- Good understanding of UN or WFP policies and programming requirements with a working knowledge of project finance, costing, budgeting, and procurement.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Languages: Fluency (level C in reading, writing and speaking) in English.
Language: Fluency in English language is essential.
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.