Design Engineer: Mechanical - Direct Material Supplies LimitedEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Obuasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Direct Material Supplies Limited, a mine support service provider based in Obuasi is seeking to employ qualified persons to fill the role below. This is an Obuasi-based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes an attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments.
This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities.
- Prepares layout drawings of projects taking into account site conditions, the equipment and other available facilities.
- Prepares conceptual design of mechanical/structural engineering installations for projects.
- Prepares detailed mechanical/structural engineering drawings for installations showing structural steelwork, and piping work to enable various installation and construction work to be carried out accurately and effectively.
- Prepares working drawings with specifications of materials and fabrications required for each project, to enable such items to be produced locally or ordered for the projects to be implemented.
- Prepares layout and general arrangement for mechanical/structural engineering installation of projects.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensures that items/fabrications produced conform accurately to specifications and standards to avoid defects and problems during installation of such items.
- Assists in the preparation of cost estimates for specific structural work of a project.
- Carries out regular site inspections of installations to ensure that work is being done according to specifications and on schedule.
- Makes drawings of modifications of broken-down parts to suit local conditions so as to enable such parts to be produced or fabricated in the DMS workshop.
- Supervises detailed design drawings being carried out by junior technical officers to ensure their accuracy.
- Keeps records of project drawings, maintenance manuals and spare parts lists for the use of clients/departments in case of emergency and ensures their return after use.
- Carries out ultrasonic tests on steel bins to determine wear rate so that replacement can be effected when wear rate falls below the minimal allowable tolerance.
- Conducts surveys to find out the availability of the various materials/steel sections so that the design can be modified to suit the materials available.
- Prepares and submits preliminary reports on the progress of projects.
- Ensures that there are always available consumables for the workshop
- Assists the Project Manager in recommending specifications of equipment and materials to be purchased both locally and overseas.
- Ensures that drawing office equipment are in good working condition.
- Assists design from abroad and modifies them if necessary to suit local conditions.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of a Higher National Diploma (Mechanical) or City and Guilds Mechanical Engineering Technicians Part III (Production).
- With at least five years’ experience in the fabrication shop, installation of heavy machinery and structures and design work
- Experience in mining would be an added advantage.
- Must have a valid Ghanaian driving license and be able to drive a manual vehicle
- Ability to be creative, imaginative and have flair for engineering drawing.
- Good knowledge of Engineering Materials & Workshop Practices.
- Good knowledge of engineering drawing, specifications and practices.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to produce neat and accurate sketches and design drawings.
- Ability to work for long hours
- Ability to use initiative and be able to make prompt decisions.
- A good knowledge of cost estimation and calculations in structural steelwork.
- A sense of dedication to duty.
- Ingenuity and innovativeness.
- Good human relations to be able to work with his superiors and colleagues.
- Physical and mental fitness.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.