GIS and Monitoring Officer - EcoPlanet BambooAgricultural Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ashanti Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are a global company applying our successful model of landscape restoration to contribute to three of the world’s most critical environmental problems: the need for effective solutions to mitigate global climate change; holistic restoration of the world’s most degraded landscapes; and a growing population that requires sustainable alternatives for consumer products and markets that still contribute to deforestation and deforestation driven emissions. We have spent the last decade building the framework for bamboo to be a solution to achieve this through sustainable bamboo farms in Nicaragua, South Africa, Ghana, Rwanda and the Philippines.
Our Ghana operations are currently developing 2 bamboo plantations on North Bandai and Bandai Hills Forest Reserve in the Ashanti Region, which will total 5,000 ha of bamboo, with additional areas being restored and conserved with native tree species. Since 2021, 1,200 ha have been successfully planted with the remaining area to be planted by 2024.
We are looking for a GIS & Monitoring Officer to support the Planning Forester in operational planning, reporting and monitoring of plantation development and maintenance activities. This is a 2-year contract.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain plantation maps and data on ArcGIS (or equivalent), dropbox or other data management systems.
- Collect and coordinate data collection in the field.
- Track information from different activities and provide spatial analysis of operational needs from plantation planning to to implementation to monitoring operational achievements.
- Assist with weekly field monitoring data collection and reporting.
- Create reports, maps and visuals to analyse and demonstrate operational progress and other data as required by management.
- Perform other tasks requested by the project.
- Bachelors in forestry, GIS or related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS and Remote Sensing using ArcGIS.
- Experience setting up and managing databases.
- Must have a valid motorcycle driving license.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Willingness to be in the field rain or shine.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Location: Agogo, Ashanti, Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.