Finance Officer - Winrock InternationalAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment.
- Position Title: Finance Officer
- Grade: 7
- Reports to: Country Director
The Enabling Farmers for Agricultural Transformation (EFAT) Project, led by Winrock International and funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), strengthens agricultural extension and advisory services and systems (EAS) as a pathway to boosting agricultural productivity among smallholder farmers and helping them diversify their livelihoods and strengthen their resilience in the face of adverse climate conditions.
EFAT will catalyze and support pilot EAS delivery models in Senegal to learn how to organize and incentivize public, private, and civil society organizations to effectively work together to provide inclusive, demand-driven advisory and complementary services to smallholder farmers, particularly women and youth.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Each proposed models will be led, respectively, by public extension services, a private firm or a civil society organization (citizen working group, producer organization) working in partnership with a several public or private advisory and complementary service providers..
Lead financial and administrative support functions of the project following USAID and Winrock policies and procedures, including tracking and reporting monthly field expenses, procurement, and logistical support for volunteers and staff.
Work to be performed
- Maintain the general ledger and coordinate the preparation of monthly balance and reconciliation of project accounts;
- Ensure the safe, efficient, and transparent handling of all accounting and cash transactions;
- Maintain cash books and other financial records;
- Maintain deposit and check register;
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation;
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports following USAID and Winrock policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to Winrock procedures;
- Prepare and submit monthly projections;
- Coordinate and oversee procurement and financial transactions;
- Prepare, submit and file staff and local consultants’ contracts following USAID and Winrock policies and procedures as well as Ghanaian Labor Law;
- Manage payment of salaries and benefits to staff, including updating staff leave records, and ensuring that the project complies with Ghanaian laws regarding employment, taxation, and other relevant issues;
- Prepare procurement documents for goods purchased, including seeking bids, drafting the purchase order, and liaising with HQ as necessary;
- Complete payments of vendors and other services or goods in accordance with USAID and Winrock policies and procedures;
- Oversee activities including purchasing, shipping and transportation, inventory, warehousing, and delivery.
- Lead office administration duties, including overseeing agreements with security and cleaning service providers, liaise with landlord on rent agreements and payments, and service of utilities and internet.
- Support volunteer logistics as needed, including hotel reservation and payments, vetting and payment to additional vendors (e.g., contract drivers or translators if needed), or other tasks as needed.
- Follows up on outstanding travel advances
- Reports all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 5+ years in an accounting/finance role
- Proficiency in QuickBooks required
- Experience working with International NGOs preferred
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred
Location: Tamale« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.