Senior Backfill Engineer - AngloGold AshantiEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Obuasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Backfill Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To manage and coordinate the backfill requirements for the mine in line with the established mine plan.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Prepare a sectional annual cost centre budget
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to him/her or under his/her jurisdiction and ensure timely completion
- Investigate all environmental incidents in assigned work areas and prepare reports with recommendations for the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his/her representative
- Develop the Backfill Engineering team recruitment specifically driving the localisation aims of the mine.
- Map key internal stakeholder relationships and value with relevant management routines (communication, touchpoints, key meetings)
- Prepare Backfill Engineering data aligned to defined quality assurance expectations
- Ensure timely assessments of Backfill Engineering processes data
- Report on costs controls and any deviations or constraints which may impact on planned outcomes
- Implement approved work programmes and report on the attainment of plan
- Apply controls to manage identified risks.
- Ensure workplace monitoring and compliance with work standards of field personnel and contractors
- Recommend and optimise the approach for conducting specialist projects and research in the Backfill Engineering process and procedures
- Establish a network of targeted stakeholder relationships to socialise initiatives and enhancements
- Report on the development and progress of initiatives and enhancements of the Backfill Engineering function, to include outputs and benefits obtained.
- Describe the specific problems and constraints to be managed within the Backfill Engineering function
- Present solutions to specific problems with defined resolution methodologies and resources to deliver improved performance in processes and procedures
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc. Mining / Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ operational experience within an underground mining environment of which at least three (3) years is backfill systems based;
- Demonstrated experience with knowledge of fundamental underground backfill mechanics;
- Proficient in the use of Mining Software;
- Proficient in the management and control of underground backfill operations across a range of fill types;
- Excellent Communication Skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Safety (Advanced Application)
- Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
- Mining Production Processes & Practices (Basic Application)
- Understands the mining processes and actively contributes in part to delivery of the expected outcome / service the mining processes deliver.
- Has demonstrated the ability to apply technical skills and/or delivery of a service within one or more of the mining processes with minimal supervision.
- Can identify potential problems and propose solutions for higher approval.
- Directly responsible for delivering a production aspect of the plan.
- Understands good underground production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Operational Management (Basic Application)
- Understands the AGA system of ‘how we work’ and applies the basic elements.
- Capable of managing and supervising small teams.
- Able to provide performance assessments on others to their direct manager.
- Understands the adjacent technical disciplines (geology, processing, engineering etc.) and participates in discussions with colleagues in these disciplines on areas of overlap and opportunity.
- Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities and identify cost-effective approaches
- Understands financial reports and comprehends the relevance/impact to the total operation
- Actively looks for ways to manage costs without impacting on planned outcomes
- Planning (Basic Application)
- Competent in creating ventilation strategies to support a mining area or block.
- Competent in developing an understanding of costs and revenue associated with a design to drive business outcomes.
- Understanding of all ancillary detail of a plan.
- Contract Management (Basic Understanding)
- Understands the core elements of the contract and its intended outcomes.
- Identifies and monitors elements of the contract performance.
- Makes suggestions for improvements or variations via their manager
- Project Management (Basic Application)
- Understands AGA project management standards and has applied them in a minor project to conceptual level.
- Ability to lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Innovation (Basic Application)
- Identifies and proposes modifications to existing processes to deliver better performance and service.
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.