Head of Finance - BIMA GhanaFinance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are seeking a highly skilled and innovative Head of Finance to join our team at BIMA Ghana. At BIMA Ghana, we believe in providing microinsurance and digital health solutions to underserved communities through mobile technology.
Founded in 2010, MILVIK BIMA is democratizing healthcare in emerging markets through technology that enables affordable and accessible healthcare solutions, while empowering people to take control of their health. With a focus on proactive care, BIMA Ghana’s healthcare solutions comprise telemedicine, specialist care, health screening, personalized health programs, laboratory testing and microinsurance.
Specific responsibilities include:
Management and month-end closing
- General Ledger Accounting management in our accounting software/ERP (ERP – Workday).
- Management of month-end closing with the responsibility of the month-end checklist and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Management of Payroll for over 700 staff
- Timely monthly reporting to Group in the format defined by Group Finance.
- Management of annual audit and annual financial statements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Controls and compliance
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Statutory reporting requirements as needed (e.g. tax).
- Management of internal control environment in compliance with the Group policies (Payroll, Claims, Procurement, etc.).
- Collaboration with advisors and the regional finance team on these topics.
Working capital management
- Revenue reconciliation with our IT systems and our partners.
- Invoicing to partners and collection of receivables.
- Full ownership of the Account Payable process.
- Cash flow management and preparation of funding requests.
- Support Country Manager as well as Division Heads with ‘real-time costs and profitability analysis
- Be a trusted adviser who adds value and assists in decision making
- Ensure good working relationships with underwriting partners, telco partners and regulators
- Ensure timely receipts and payments from and to our suppliers and partners
The candidate must be/have:
- Professional qualification -ICAG/ACCA /CIMA – Final level
- Minimum of Bachelor's or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Should have completed national service
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- At least 5-10 years of working experience in accounting or auditing roles (Senior management)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and standards (IFRS).
- Good knowledge of Ghana tax laws
- Excellent in the use of ERP systems. We use Tally and Workday Financials.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel
- Good leadership skills
- Must be results-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Must be proactive and work collaboratively
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in the Insurance Industry will be highly advantageous
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.