Treasury Manager - UnileverAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tema 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
Effective Liquidity, foreign exchange and commodity backroom operations management are critical to ensure the safeguard of Unilever’s financial assets. This role is involved in the Treasury operations for Unilever Ghana and the role is to oversee the day-to-day Treasury and commodity hedging operations and be the lead for upcoming Treasury projects.
The role will also focus on managing the Liquidity and Foreign exchange requirements for the business in addition to running the back office.
- Lead and work with Regional / Global Treasury to ensure adequate facilities are available to meet existing and future business funds requirements
- Develop and maintain effective operational network with key Banks/Financial Institutions to ensure smooth operations and harness opportunities
- Co-ordinate and ensure documentation in place to transact with Banks (facilities letter, documentation, director's resolution etc)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Financial Accounting
Ensure accurate and timely internal reporting for both statutory and internal reporting of the Treasury function. These include:
- Managing CapGemini (offshore Accounts team) for Treasury outsourced activities.
- Reviewing journals on Interest charges, bank charges, Unilever Finance International (UFI) sweep and fund transactions, Loans, FX differences arising out of settled FX contracts, settlement of payments and collections, revaluation & mark to market on open FX contracts.
- Analysing and ensuring timely completion of Treasury reports (FX exposures, currency trends, Cash Forecast, actual cash flows; hedging requirements).
3. Liquidity Management
- Ensure Unilever’s financial assets are safe guarded with proper planning of short-, medium- and long-term cash requirements. This includes funding requirements and maximizing long term returns on excess liquidity.
- Forecast day-to-day cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings or increase returns on excess cash.
- Reviews company’s cash forecast and performs an analysis on the projected vs. reported cash holdings.
4. Exposures management
- Mitigates financial risks related to the interest rates on the foreign exchange positions.
- Propose Forex strategies and exposure limits incorporating market insights on Forex trends into hedging decisions
- Design and implement full end to end (process design, systems, accounting treatments) solutions for back-office operations on new commodities, instruments and regions.
5. Governance, Compliance & Documentation
- Maintains policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury operations.
- Ensures all transactions are completed in accordance with the Schedule of Authorities and are properly documented.
- Responsible for the Treasury Policy compliance and observing Forex limits
- Establish and report treasury KPIs
CONTINUE READING BELOW
6. Commodity Risk Management
- Stabilising the existing back-office operations and setup new commodities for the back-office operations
- Ensure compliance and controls are in placed in the back-office operations
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.