Operations Assistant - Democracy InternationalAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Democracy International (DI) is seeking to hire an Operations Assistant for the five-year Performance Accountability Activity in Ghana funded by USAID. This activity will focus on strengthening civil society oversight of and feedback on government performance in public service delivery and to support the government, especially at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services.
This is based on the premise that citizen action and engagement are critical for ensuring that the government delivers quality services with increased accountability. This is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana. This position is only open to Ghanaian citizens.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Essential Job Duties:
- Support the implementation of the office's operational procedures and policies;
- Provide support on all aspects of office infrastructure and operations including office space leases and maintenance, supplies and materials, and technology;
- Assist in managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase & pricing records;
- Assist in reviewing, comparing, and analyzing products and services to be procured;
- Assist Finance and Operations Department in all aspects of operations and financial records, including bank transactions, tax reporting and bill processing, and vendor payments;
- Work with supervisors to ensure program compliance with relevant USAID regulations and mission orders;
- Contribute to timely report writing and editing;
- Support tracking of project finances and deliverable timelines;
- Maintain sound relationships with USAID and the Activity’s partners to ensure teams are adequately supported;
- Other similar responsibilities DI and/or the COP might reasonably request.
This position reports to Finance & Operations Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in administration, finance, accounting, business management or other related field preferred;
- Minimum two years of related experience, preferably within a U.S. Government/USAID project environment;
- Demonstrated financial, human resources, procurement and administration competences;
- Sound knowledge of Ghana VAT and Income Tax regulations;
- Excellent command of English, oral and written;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including advanced expertise in Excel;
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or a demonstrated ability to quickly become a competent Quickbooks user;
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision;
- Good interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities;
- Well-organized, strong filing and archiving skills;
- Ability to multi-task and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines;
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics, transparency, and accountability in program implementation;
- Proven integrity and thorough attention to details are inherent to this position.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.