Geologist - Cardinal Namdini Mining LimitedMining Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Bolgatanga 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd., which is duly listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). CNML is developing its’ primary asset located in the Upper East Region of Ghana with a strategic vision to build a world-leading, highly valuable and responsible world-class gold mining enterprise.
To provide Geological guidance in support of profitable extraction of Ore in the Mine. Identification, quantification, and classification of suitable Ore blend needed for plant feed. Making critical decisions and providing advice and mine operational support to mining engineers during mining operations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
In charge of all Geological information needed for efficient exploitation and optimisation of ore which includes the following:
- Progress on Grade Control drilling, (plods, sampling, logging, QA/QC data assay results and interpretation.
- Interrogation of the grade control block models to identify potential upside or risk area and provide mitigation plans for effective ore delivery.
- Extraction of flitch/dig plans needed for in-pit mining and Ore delivery to the crusher.
- ROMPAD, stockpiles and blending plan management to meet plant feed requirements.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting on grade and tonnes mined and reconciling volumes between survey /dispatch measurement and actual count through efficient monitoring and communication.
- Reconcile declared ore mined/grade control model/resource model.
- Undertake in-pit mapping in support of geological modelling updates and Mining.
- Provide vital structural data for geotechnical and blasting support in bad ground areas in the pit.
- Assist in the evaluation of dilution and ore loss in the reconciliation cycle, Mine-Mill.
- Performs any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Company as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology/ Geological Engineering/ Earth Science
- Mincom Statutory Certification for Geologist
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar Mine Geology-based roles.
- A proven track record in gold mining operations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Thorough understanding of Safety Management Systems.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and loss prevention processes.
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills.
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license and proficiency in driving;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise drilling contractors.
- A demonstrated ability to supervise geological personnel.
- Very good computer skills in Microsoft office tools and database management
- Very good Mine geological software skills in Data mine ,Geovia Surpac, or MPR is highly desirable.
- Knowledge in Leapfrog and Micromine or MapInfo geological software skills will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrates strong conceptual skills and be capable of developing lateral and practical solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving and technical reporting skills
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.