Controller: AML and Fraud - MTN GhanaTelecommunication Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Controller AML and Fraud is responsible for executing and closely maintaining all aspects of the AML (Anti-Money Laundering), CTF (Counter-Terrorism Financing), Anti-Fraud and (Economic) Sanctions Compliance Program to ensure a high level of compliance with the relevant laws and regulations as well as with MTN Fintech standards and global best practices, under supervision from the manager.
- Evolution and highly competitive Fintech Industry
- Multi-regulated and multifaceted stakeholder management
- Environmental, social and governance prioritized
- Partnerships at the Core of Business Practices
- Increasing demand for Fintech/digital experiences decisions to keep up with customers.
- Performance driven environment
- Global and MTN Group Fintech Standards and best practices
- Active media engagement and brand reputation
- Convergence in markets and exploration of non-traditional revenue streams requiring complex interpretation and structuring
- Agile ways of working
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop, implement, and maintain bespoke solutions for the AML/CTF/Sanctions/Anti-fraud compliance program.
- Ensure implementation, compliance and adherence to the standards, policies, guidelines, and processes defined by Group Fintech Risk and Compliance team, and MTN Group Risk and Compliance team as and when applicable.
- Assist in the design and implementation of the AML/CTF framework
- Execute checks on customer onboarding and transactions, report red flags to manager in a timeous manner
- Efficiently execute compliance monitoring programs in the OpCo
- Execute processes and guidelines to build a culture of compliance throughout the business
- Support business and operational stakeholders with the development of appropriate controls
- Execute the following activities efficiently and systematically:
- client onboarding
- client risk-assessment
- client monitoring/investigation
- external reporting
- Regularly update and monitor AML so that it is consistently running and meeting regulatory requirements, Group standards and industry best practices
- Prepare Suspicious Transaction Reports and seek timeous approval from manager so they can be sent to relevant bodies in a timely fashion
- Attend to all AML alerts regularly, and use relevant and permissible rule sets
- Report all fraud cases to Manager and when required to the Head Regulatory, Risk and Compliance
- Assist manager in scanning external environment for legal/regulatory changes and support in policy/functional strategy enhancement
- Assist and cooperate in audit programs to determine organizational vulnerabilities
- Prepare training content etc, in collaboration with HR, on latest AML trends and techniques in the Mobile Financial Services industry and ensure the same is provided to all stakeholders
- Participate in industry meetings when required
- Execute adequate risk mitigation and controls within the business
- Evaluate areas of improvement within the business
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly, annually, and ad-hoc reports and dashboards on risk management tasks and present to manager
- Where required, escalate unsolvable issues to Manager AML and Fraud in a timeous manner
- Address other tasks and duties, as assigned by line manager
- A University Degree in Finance/ Management/ Compliance/Risk Management/ Audit, or related field
- Professional Certificate in Audit, Risk Management or Compliance
- A minimum of 3 years total experience in AML and Fraud, Risk and Compliance or related fields is required
- Experience in Fintech, banking or Telecom is preferred
- Proven experience in AML, CTF and Transaction Monitoring within a FinTech environment
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets is preferred
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Legal requirements and procedures relating to AML and CFT
- An understanding of financial crime
- Working knowledge of AML/CFT systems, products, and risk management practices within the financial services sector
- Knowledge of the financial services sector and key developments in Fintech products and services
- Suspicious Transactions Analysis
- Risk Scenario Mapping
- Process Compliance
- Audit Sampling and Analysis
- Fraud Analysis
- Fraud Investigation
- Financial data analysis
- Fraud systems and tools
Must live the MTN Values of
- Can Do; Integrity; leadership; Innovation; Relationships
Must exhibit the MTN Vital Behaviors of
- Complete Candor, Complete Accountability, Active Collaboration & Get it done.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.